Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings Going Vegan?
Quote: @"Hawkvike25" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
Why am I feeling a growing sense of urgency to improve the OL?  

Like more so than Viking usual? 

Totally understand and relate to this. For some reason I feel that the fresh eyes are going to be able to see things clearer and sort it out.

I have that sense of optimism too. To be fair, not like it can get much worse. Get the OL play to at least average and it'll make a huge impact.
Again fresh eyes on each area can make a big difference. It's like stagnation had set in and now there is the potential to shake the cobwebs loose and move forward. There can be different concepts and ideas. Difference in scheme can impact type of player that fits best. Like the idea of additional wide receiver sets can impact the possibilities. The evaluation process is very interesting. I'm excited for training camp.

Quote: @"Vikergirl" said:
@"Hawkvike25" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:

Totally understand and relate to this. For some reason I feel that the fresh eyes are going to be able to see things clearer and sort it out.

I have that sense of optimism too. To be fair, not like it can get much worse. Get the OL play to at least average and it'll make a huge impact.
Again fresh eyes on each area can make a big difference. It's like stagnation had set in and now there is the potential to shake the cobwebs loose and move forward. There can be different concepts and ideas. Difference in scheme can impact type of player that fits best. Like the idea of additional wide receiver sets can impact the possibilities. The evaluation process is very interesting. I'm excited for training camp.
Agreed. I also have a lot of optimism with the WR group and McCardell. If KJ can make another leap this offseason then we really have a top tier WR group. With the sets KOC likes to run, a WR in the first 4 rounds could become another contributor too.

Quote: @"Hawkvike25" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:
@"Hawkvike25" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:

Agreed. I also have a lot of optimism with the WR group and McCardell. If KJ can make another leap this offseason then we really have a top tier WR group. With the sets KOC likes to run, a WR in the first 4 rounds could become another contributor too.
I do expect the little things to start adding up with AT,  we really need another 1B type of receiver to take up the slack when AT is missing or limited through out the season.

I think our biggest problem is when we went so small with our interior OL,  ever since we decided to look for "more athletic" G and C's we have gone smaller and despite them being better at pulling and getting to the second level, they seem to all suck at anchoring and working at the first level,  never mind just getting a yard when we need a yard and the defense knows we are going to try and run between the tackles.  Maybe the focus should be on athletic road graders.  That and we got linemen that can move and not block,  and we got a QB that can make any throw if given time,  but cant move.  if the move is to keep Cousins,  there is no choice but to really invest and finally fix our interior OL,  I would say at least 1 starter at C in FA,  1 OG, and then draft another C.  I know we all like Cleveland,  but I dont know if he is even the answer if they do get away from the zone scheme and go to a more power game.  the one plus is all of these younger interior guys are getting a bit older and are developing their man muscles which should help their games.

I’m really agnostic with regards to FB vs no FB, but I do think
that regardless of how it happens we need to be able to run effectively, both
when we’re able to be unpredictable in run/pass and when we’re exerting our
will on a team.

Every tool box should have at least 1 hammer…  Wink