Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings Going Vegan?
McVay/O'Connell Rams use a lot of spread-out pre-snap looks and empty sets along with 11 personnel (1RB, 1TE) stacks and bunches (3WRs). They don't carry a FB on their roster. Role for CJ Ham moving forward? Potential $1.95M cap savings, but $1.5M dead money if cut.

haha well done

I was fully prepared for this to be about a player deciding to go Vegan and was ready to reply with a "Please Don't". Alaric Jackson did it for Iowa before his last season there and wasnt the same player. It seems like he's doing ok in the NFL but he was noticeably not the same player.

That being said, I like Ham, but I was growing tired of FB fade routes haha

Why am I feeling a growing sense of urgency to improve the OL?  

Like more so than Viking usual? 

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:

Totally understand and relate to this. For some reason I feel that the fresh eyes are going to be able to see things clearer and sort it out.

Quote: @"Vikergirl" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:

Totally understand and relate to this. For some reason I feel that the fresh eyes are going to be able to see things clearer and sort it out.

I have that sense of optimism too. To be fair, not like it can get much worse. Get the OL play to at least average and it'll make a huge impact.

Love Ham, but not sure we need a FB in the new offense. 

If this team is going to be playing a lot more 3 wr, bunch type sets, empty backfields and moving away from 2 te's, and no full-back?

That OL has to improve - especially in pass pro. 

No FB on the Broncos depth chart.

Quote: @"Vikergirl" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:

Yeah, Like we watched the same failings of the O-line over and over again. And the coaching staff did nothing to improve it. Very frustrating.