Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ranking the HC candidates
Quote: @VikingOracle said:
I actually lean towards Raheem Morris.

I am guessing that Harbaugh is not a candidate until he says he would take the job if offered.
Or until he actually signs the dotted line.  

I don't trust anything about Harbaugh.

Count me out on Ryans, he is running someone else's defense, with someone else's players and has only done it for 1 year.  Plus he is defense, so we would be in the same boat losing our OC every year.

Quote: @VikingOracle said:
@MaroonBells said:

1. Kevin O’Connell
    KOC is a branch off the Shanahan tree, which has been remarkably successful (Kyle, McVay, LaFleur, Taylor--3 of whom are still playing). Also was Cousins’ QB coach in Washington. Runs an offense similar to ours. Would probably represent the most direct route to improvement, at least on offense.

2. DeMeco Ryans
    Make no mistake, this is Saleh’s defense. But Ryan executed it incredibly well. Improved steadily over the course of his first season as DC. That bodes well. Some have said that Ryans was the reason for Saleh’s success. Rankings are so misleading with a hundred other factors at play, but 49ers ranked 3rd in overall defense. Saleh’s Jets ranked 32nd, so….FWIW, many in the 49ers media think he’s a genius.

You could say the same thing about O'Connell as Ryans: make no mistake, this is McVay's offense.  McVay even calls the plays.

And that's the big roll of the dice. That's why I didn't want Bienemy because it's Andy Reids offense and he calls the plays. By no means is OConnell going to give you the same product or creativity as McVay. With that said, if we are rolling the dice I'd prefer it on the offensive side of the football 

Right now Harbaugh is a Wild Card. Don't know if he's truly interested in being the Vikings coach, or using the interest as leverage against Michigan/Dolphins.

With that being put aside until a clearer picture is had, it's a toss-up between either O'Connell or Ryans for me. 

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
@VikingOracle said:
@MaroonBells said:

1. Kevin O’Connell
    KOC is a branch off the Shanahan tree, which has been remarkably successful (Kyle, McVay, LaFleur, Taylor--3 of whom are still playing). Also was Cousins’ QB coach in Washington. Runs an offense similar to ours. Would probably represent the most direct route to improvement, at least on offense.

2. DeMeco Ryans
    Make no mistake, this is Saleh’s defense. But Ryan executed it incredibly well. Improved steadily over the course of his first season as DC. That bodes well. Some have said that Ryans was the reason for Saleh’s success. Rankings are so misleading with a hundred other factors at play, but 49ers ranked 3rd in overall defense. Saleh’s Jets ranked 32nd, so….FWIW, many in the 49ers media think he’s a genius.

You could say the same thing about O'Connell as Ryans: make no mistake, this is McVay's offense.  McVay even calls the plays.

And that's the big roll of the dice. That's why I didn't want Bienemy because it's Andy Reids offense and he calls the plays. By no means is OConnell going to give you the same product or creativity as McVay. With that said, if we are rolling the dice I'd prefer it on the offensive side of the football 
Right, but you could've made the same arguments about McVay a couple years ago. Same with Kyle Shanahan and Zac Taylor. At one point or another, all of these guys were running someone else's system. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
https://twitter.com/VikeFans/status/1488...wcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fvikefans.com%2Fjim-harbaugh-is-intriguing-and-demeco-ryans-is-shooting-up-the-charts-but-we-a%2F
What money…?  :p