Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Its a really crappy NFL QB Draft class upcoming isn't it?
Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:
@Hawkvike25 said:
@Wetlander said:
@MaroonBells said:
@Wetlander said:
@pattersaur said:
@JustinTime18™ said:
I'd say 60% he gets extended, say 3 years for $105 million
35% chance he gets traded, for a deal slightly richer than what the Eagles got for Wentz
5% chance he plays out existing contract.
The thing you posted on the other thread about how Kwesi/Cleveland were hesitant to extend Baker was interesting. I think Kirk is quite a bit better than Baker but still, it’s a similar situation of, “yeah this guy is good, but can we win a championship?”. What KAM does here will be very telling with how he sees Kirk for sure.

Sidenote this is also the reason I don’t see Cleveland as a likely trade destination for Kirk, despite the speculation. 
With KAM being an analytics guy, you wonder if he'll look at Cousins and decide he can build a better team with a cheaper QB and the draft assets you'd get from trading Cousins?
I'd be surprised if that's what the analytics tell him, but it's possible. 
Why would you be surprised?  We've seen Kirk with a top defense for two years and bad defenses for two years...  all while having great weapons and a decent OL... and we have one playoff appearance and no division titles.  If you look at what we did the 4 years prior, we won the division twice and made an NFCCG with lesser QBs in Teddy and Case.

True, but one season with a division title was where Rodgers played 7 games. Let's not forget making the NFCCG after blowing a 17 point halftime lead. The other division title season Teddy couldn't do a damn thing in the playoff game vs Seattle. 

I dont give a shit about division titles, I care about playoff wins. Kirk won one...and boy did he win one. Case won one with the greatest play in Vikings history. Kirk won a playoff game when the team had the #5 best scoring defense. Case won one with the #1 best scoring defense. No Vikings QB probably ever would have won a playoff game with the defense we have had the last 2 years. Neither QB had a decent OL...maybe the 2017 team had a decent OL. The rest of the years were pathetic.

Team game
Me too, playoff wins is what I care about. Don't care about the rest. And we made a NFCCG because of the flukiest play in Minnesota Vikings history, otherwise it would have been one and done and a huge disappointment. 
Well, that's not the whole story. The whole story is that we dominated them in the early going. Score was 17-0 at the half and it looked like a laugher in the making. We let them back in (largely behind a back-foot pop fly pick Keenum threw and a blocked punt), then gave them the lead in the final minute.

Sound familiar? Sound like a half dozen games in 2021? 
You aint lying there. That Keenum pick took the life out of the stadium at the time...especially because he didn't make many throws like that during the season. What's funny is I remember thinking this game is over (Vikes lose) once Kai made the field goal with like a minute and a half left...stupid Vikings Pessimism in me.