Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Bad Was The Reagor Pick?
Quote: @"JustinTime18™" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
...and why are we interviewing anybody from the Eagles front office again for our GM job? 
Well, in the last hiring cycle, they identified the only HC to lead their team to the playoffs. Found a starting QB in the second round. Pawned off a horrid QB for multiple picks, including a first.

I think these are all things we'd be thrilled with if replicated here.

Looking at the big picture and not just one pick, I can see why.
I was just looking over their last six or so drafts and it's really not that impressive. Good for them pawning off the bum they drafted at QB after giving him a ridiculous extension, but they haven't done any better draft wise then what Spielman did. They also went into the season with the easiest strength of schedule in the league and got to play the Giants and Redskins twice in division. The fact they made the playoffs as a wild card is also not hugely impressive. I haven't really dug into the background of the female candidate they are interviewing, but I'd prefer someone with a heavy scouting background and prior experience 

Is it that he is a bust or is their QB not much of a passer and their passing offense by default isn't any good?

Quote: @"supafreak84" said:
@"JustinTime18™" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
...and why are we interviewing anybody from the Eagles front office again for our GM job? 
Well, in the last hiring cycle, they identified the only HC to lead their team to the playoffs. Found a starting QB in the second round. Pawned off a horrid QB for multiple picks, including a first.

I was just looking over their last six or so drafts and it's really not that impressive. Good for them pawning off the bum they drafted at QB after giving him a ridiculous extension, but they haven't done any better draft wise then what Spielman did. They also went into the season with the easiest strength of schedule in the league and got to play the Giants and Redskins twice in division. The fact they made the playoffs as a wild card is also not hugely impressive. I haven't really dug into the background of the female candidate they are interviewing, but I'd prefer someone with a heavy scouting background and prior experience 
Brown has been mostly on the pro side not the college scouting side. Probably minimal input on the draft. 

@"supafreak84" said:
@"JustinTime18™" said:
@"supafreak84" said:

Brown has been mostly on the pro side not the college scouting side. Probably minimal input on the draft. 
I guess of the names that have been mentioned, Dodds and Spytek jump out to me more then the others based on their backgrounds.

Raiche joined in 2019 and was involved in the pro and college side. So, going back six years for either candidate isn't really meaningful.

Raiche joined in 2019 and was involved in the pro and college side. So, going back six years for either candidate isn't really meaningful.
Only being in their positions since 2019 would be another mark against them I would think...

Quote: @"supafreak84" said:
@"JustinTime18™" said:
Only being in their positions since 2019 would be another mark against them I would think...
I would think for folks climbing the ladder it wouldn't be an issue.