Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So....yeah....about that Wyatt Davis guy...
Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
...he slipped in the Draft for a reason. Seems he's not understanding that 'being a pro' thing yet. 

https://twitter.com/christomasson/status...4516325378
I'll handle this.

We feel that the problem isn't with Wyatt.
It's that you haven't challenged him enough to get him really motivated.

Quote: @"IDVikingfan" said:
Yah but, didn't KJ at least see the field his rookie year?  Fingers crossed, hoping for the best with Davis...
I think KJ only played on special teams, so he saw the field but no snaps at WR.  If Bisi didn't get injured he would probably be on the PS.

Quote: @"VikingOracle" said:
@"greediron" said:
Greed: I am sincerely interested in knowing which current Viking coach you think has best developed talent during his tenure with the Vikings.  Or do you think the Vikes should get rid of them all?

Weirdly, looking back, during the Zimmer years, have the Vikings been better at developing offensive talent than defensive talent?
I think Patterson is pretty good, just that your list of D-line isn't that great.  Only one star and he is always hurt.  Watts might be a starter, but other than that, meh.

Gray was involved with the DBs and I think he did good.  But I guess we differ on that opinion.  Seeing the lack of decent DBs now and how it really takes down the entire D, I look back at Rhodes, Waynes and Mac with appreciation.
Rhodes is probably the most interesting as he really developed and then totally became toast with the Vikings in his last year.  Then he bounced back well.   Some of that may be injury recovery but something definitely got into his head that last season -- many missed assignments, etc.

Waynes became a decent DB but never lived up to his draft status.

Mac had one decent year.  His free agent signing showed to me that he was not well respected in the league even coming off his best year.  I think he is his own worst enemy.  

Of course, with the three players you identify, you are talking two 1st rounders and a 2nd rounder -- that is pretty high quality clay to mould.

Frankly, I think an argument can be made that the Vikes have had better success recently developing running backs and wide receivers than defensive players.

Agreed on Rhodes.  Immensely talented, but a head case.  I liked Waynes, never got the dislike for him.  Maybe it was just that Zimmer picked another DB that people disagreed with.

Mac was also his own enemy.  Took some time to come around to team ball, finally succeeded with the Vikes but then had an issue and left in a huff.  

RBs don't develop, they either have the talent or don't and it is up to the OC and O-line whether they are used right and have room to operate.  I will agree on WRs, but there have been many coaches there, so hard to say it was "developing".  More like identifying talent.