Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An ugly loss to Green Bay and....
Quote: @"pattersaur" said:
Hopefully we beat GB but if the Vikings lose (close game, of course) and are officially eliminated from the playoffs then it’s a 100% no-brainer to start Kellen Mond in the final game.

1. See what you might have
2. Keep Kirk healthy because we either need him next year or will try to move him

Dalvin and some others should rest as well. 

That said, does anyone think the current Vikings regime will actually do this?
Not a chance in hell.  Same situation last year: 6-9 going into final game vs Detroit with Reiff, Rudy and Dalvin all out for various reasons. Perfect time to start Stanley to see if there's a glimmer of anything.  Nope, Zim starts Kirk, actually lets him throw for 400 yards and win a 37-35 shootout that drops out draft pick to 14 and costs us a shot at either Slater or Fields.  

Stay tuned for the rerun Jan. 9.

Quote: @"medaille" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
The Wilfs are good people. I tend to think they will quietly ask him to retire after the season and he will. Of course he'll be a white hot DC candidate (if not HC candidate) on the market if he decides to stay in the game. 
This is what I think will happen as well.  I also think there's a chance he'll take a year off to let the stress unwind.

I agree with both you and @MB...

IF  the Wilfs let Zimm go it will be with respect and no drama or vitriol. So the opposite of how it went down with meathead. 

Quote: @"RS Express" said:
@"pattersaur" said:
Hopefully we beat GB but if the Vikings lose (close game, of course) and are officially eliminated from the playoffs then it’s a 100% no-brainer to start Kellen Mond in the final game.

2. Keep Kirk healthy because we either need him next year or will try to move him

Not a chance in hell.  Same situation last year: 6-9 going into final game vs Detroit with Reiff, Rudy and Dalvin all out for various reasons. Perfect time to start Stanley to see if there's a glimmer of anything.  Nope, Zim starts Kirk, actually lets him throw for 400 yards and win a 37-35 shootout that drops out draft pick to 14 and costs us a shot at either Slater or Fields.  

That was when I was done with Zimmer. Not just because Nate is a hometown kid. (Partly though) But a meaningless last game of the season was the time to find out what you have for rookies. Rookies that didn't get a preseason. I still think Zimmer was the coach we needed when he was signed. But his inability to adapt has been maddening.

Quote: @"wiviking" said:
@"RS Express" said:
@"pattersaur" said:

That was when I was done with Zimmer. Not just because Nate is a hometown kid. (Partly though) But a meaningless last game of the season was the time to find out what you have for rookies. Rookies that didn't get a preseason. I still think Zimmer was the coach we needed when he was signed. But his inability to adapt has been maddening.
Zimmer tombstone "why mess with mediocracy"