Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So, This Hurts A Bit
Quote: @MaroonBells said:
Here's the explanation from McShay:
It's hard to find another college corner who is trusted on an island in press-man coverage as much as "Sauce" Gardner. The 6-foot-2, 188-pounder's 321 such snaps this season lead the nation by 61. And despite that big ask, Gardner has yet to allow more than 13 yards in a single game this year. (As an aside, I can't wait to see his Cotton Bowl matchup with Jameson Williams, who averages 21.3 yards per catch.) Minnesota's top three cornerbacks — Patrick Peterson, Bashaud Breeland and Mackensie Alexander — are all on expiring deals, and Gardner's speed, ball skills and lockdown traits would help address a pass defense allowing 8.9 yards per attempt (27th in the NFL).
Gonna need a very high first to get Sauce methinks 

Quote: @Bullazin said:

Not necessarily. I think in most rankings right now, he's the 3rd or 4th corner. That typically means mid-to-late 1st. In-season rankings, before bowls, combines and all-star games are laughably inaccurate, but here's a top 5 from PFN for what it's worth. It's likely one of these guys will be wearing purple next year. 

5) Trent McDuffie, Washington
Some of us need external motivation to get our jobs done, but Trent McDuffie doesn’t fall into that category. He plays for the number on his back — 22. When Trent was in eighth grade, his brother Tyler passed away. Tyler wore No. 22 while playing youth football. Although Trent didn’t request the number when he enrolled at Washington, fate had other plans. When he walked into the locker room, he knew his brother was still with him.
But McDuffie isn’t just a heartwarming story. Although Washington has been an utter disappointment in the Pac-12 this year, he’s showcased why his name is consistently in 2022 mock drafts. His size (5’11”, 195 pounds) leaves more to be desired, but McDuffie is one of the best tacklers at the position. Furthermore, his skill set is tailor-made for zone schemes in the NFL. His speed triggering downfield or up to the catch point is a sight to behold.
4) Ahmad Gardner, CincinnatiOne of the questions surrounding Ahmad Gardner entering the season was his slight frame. Well, “Sauce” put those questions to rest after putting on muscle mass this offseason. The true junior is a juiced-up 6’3″, 200-pound corner that does not get beat — ever.
Gardner has yet to allow a touchdown in his three-year collegiate career. Don’t believe me? Turn on the tape. Yes, he is playing Group of Five competition, but that isn’t his fault. He locks down every man that lines up across from him. Moreover, Gardner has reined in the penalties that plagued his first two seasons. He is best against bigger receivers due to his imposing wingspan and press ability.
3) Kaiir Elam, FloridaWhile I personally love McDuffie and Gardner, the next three CBs are in a tier of their own. Turn on Kaiir Elam‘s tape against Alabama this year, and you will know why so many in the draft community love his potential. He is 6’2″, 196 pounds, with length for days.
In three seasons against SEC competition, Elam has amassed 6 INTs and 18 pass deflections. What makes that even more impressive is he wasn’t a full-time starter in 2019, and Florida has five games left on their schedule this year.
2) Andrew Booth Jr., ClemsonMuch like McDuffie at Washington, don’t condemn Andrew Booth Jr. for Clemson’s failures. He is quick with his feet, maintains his balance, and is one of the most twitchy athletes in the class. Booth also has two of the most highlight-reel interceptions you will see from a prospect.
As a smooth playmaker with some of the best mirroring ability in the country, it’s no wonder he excels in man coverage. He can still be too eager in zone coverage, but that isn’t anything more reps and practice can’t improve.
1) Derek Stingley Jr., LSUAfter undergoing an operation for an injured left foot, Derek Stingley Jr. is out indefinitely for the Tigers. Regardless, he has put enough on film since his true freshman 2019 campaign to maintain his CB1 standing. LSU deploys a man-heavy scheme, yet Stingley has allowed an outstanding 41.1% completion rate.
At 6’1″ and 190 pounds with 4.3-speed and superb length, Stingley checks every box. Injuries have plagued his last two seasons, but if he can stay healthy in the NFL, as Michael Jordan said, “The ceiling is the roof!”

Quote: @Bullazin said:
@MaroonBells said:
It's hard to find another college corner who is trusted on an island in press-man coverage as much as "Sauce" Gardner. The 6-foot-2, 188-pounder's 321 such snaps this season lead the nation by 61. And despite that big ask, Gardner has yet to allow more than 13 yards in a single game this year. (As an aside, I can't wait to see his Cotton Bowl matchup with Jameson Williams, who averages 21.3 yards per catch.) Minnesota's top three cornerbacks — Patrick Peterson, Bashaud Breeland and Mackensie Alexander — are all on expiring deals, and Gardner's speed, ball skills and lockdown traits would help address a pass defense allowing 8.9 yards per attempt (27th in the NFL).
TDN has him around 35 at the moment. Bama tape is gonna be very telling for his final grade. Sauce will probably give up more than 13 yards his first rep against Bama.

I don’t know squat about these players yet but based on names alone big yes to someone named Sauce, ultimate no to the guy I saw @JustinTime18 throw out, “Beavers”. Not again!  :p

Quote: @JustinTime18™ said:
@Bullazin said:
@MaroonBells said:
TDN has him around 35 at the moment. Bama tape is gonna be very telling for his final grade. Sauce will probably give up more than 13 yards his first rep against Bama.
I only saw one game of him this year but he checks alot of boxes. He strikes me as an elite red zone defender. He is gonna rise up the board I’m thinking 

Quote: @JustinTime18™ said:
@Bullazin said:
@MaroonBells said:
Been telling a lot of folks the same thing. I also think the Bama game has a lot of importance for Coby Bryant too who is considered a day 3 pick. 

• All Picks
  • User Picks
  • Trades

[Image: Minnesota_Vikings_logo.svg.png]Minnesota Vikings
    Ahmad GardnerCB, Cincinnati
    Darrian BeaversLB, Cincinnati
    Kingsley EnagbareEDGE, South Carolina
    Jeremy RuckertTE, Ohio State