Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This is why the Vikings wanted him....
4 wins 
5 losses 

I got that from "Stat That" and seem pretty accurate

That was my pick. I knew he wouldn't get past the Chargers and I was wanting to trade with the Cowboys but Rick values 7th rounders more than a great talent.

Darrisaw seems like a pretty decent pick, but would the Vikings record right now be better if we were able to nab Slater instead?  Maybe, if Stater were available to play day one.  No way of knowing, but it looks to me like Darrisaw is a solid pick so far.

Ultimately, isnt the comparison not just Darrisaw vs Slater? But rather Slater vs Darrisaw/Davis/Mond?

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
Ultimately, isnt the comparison not just Darrisaw vs Slater? But rather Slater vs Darrisaw/Davis/Mond?
Yeah, we won't know the result of that for a couple of years, but it could be advantage Vikings if just Davis ends up starting. 

After 46 years of this it's very hard to look forward a few years. It's like now or never.

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"medaille" said:
I disagree with the idea that QB is not why we lost
games.  I think that comes from a mindset
of needing to have (some)one to blame and the need to rank people.  Football is a team game, and for many of our
close losses you could probably make the argument that if any handful of
players had made 1-2 plays a little better we would have won, and it’s really easy
to hone in on the guy who missed a kick or the guy who fumbled.  It’s a lot harder to hone in on the guy who
threw the 6 yard pass short of the sticks rather than the 12 yard completion he
could have had that would have kept the drive going.  I think it’s hard to argue that in a lot of
our losses Cousins goes missing for large chunks of the game.  QB is the single biggest reason for winning
or losing any given football game.
which is exactly why stats are so often misleading.  they dont account for the wrong read,  wrong target, wrong completion,  as long as they result in a net gain... they are considered a net win in the stat world despite the negatives that they may have had on the game.   like an incompletion to kill the clock when a sack would have allowed more time to run off to help seal away a win,  vs taking a loss early in the game vs throwing it away to avoid the loss of yards,  how many negative plays into the flats have we seen this year when the best outcome would have been to fire it over the receivers head and save the yards?
There ARE stat organizations that do a lot of the above. DVOA and PFF. And more and more people are using them over the old-school yardage and rating stats. Especially on Twitter. 

But I'd be careful. DVOA ranks the Vikings a top 10 team, ahead of Green Bay, and PFF's highest rated passer in the NFL is Kirk Cousins, so you may not want to use either of them in any kind of Cousins rant. 
I think my opinion of those next level stats like PFF are pretty well known.  and Twitter.. oh please  =)
I don't think Twitter is what you think it is. It doesn't have a point of view. Happy to hear you like the next level stats though. It sounded like you would since you hated the old ones. 
Twitter is my #1 go to because I choose to follow people who post good content on my teams. Sure, there are some bias opinions on those teams, but the individuals post a lot of advanced statistics that I dont have the time to research. Plus, Twitter makes it pretty easy to mute or block folks that you don't want to see content from