Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More Mason Cole
Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
So from someone who watched the game yesterday: did Cole play well again yesterday?
I am no OL expert but I didn't see Cole getting pushed back by Linval and I did see him make some decent run blocks.  I would say better then Bradbury again but not great.  I would be curious about PFF grade, I know many hate them but they are more subjective my own silo gradesSmile

Lastly, I was hoping that better play from Center Cole would help the Guards but neither Guard played well yesterday.  

I was just looking to see if there were any PFF grades out there this am and there isnt yet.

I agree with Minny, he looked decent enough from my pedestrian eyes. 

Regardless of who starts this week, they better bring their A game.

IOL is going to have their hands full with Kenny Clark. 

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
I was just looking to see if there were any PFF grades out there this am and there isnt yet.

I agree with Minny, he looked decent enough from my pedestrian eyes. 

Regardless of who starts this week, they better bring their A game.

IOL is going to have their hands full with Kenny Clark. 
not to mention the crowd noise,  i fully expect this game to be as much a home game for the Packers as it is for the Vikings based on how many sold their seats to cowboys fans a few weeks ago.

Would Bradbury be a better fit at G?

Quote: @"Chuckf" said:

Ye

[Image: x6v614m2yq8r.jpg]

Yes....

Quote: @"Rigby" said:
@"Chuckf" said:

Ye

[Image: x6v614m2yq8r.jpg]

Yes....
If he is moved to Guard does he have to wear that uniform?

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"minny65" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
Cole played well, but he needs to do it again today. He was one of the signings I was most excited about. Didn't play particularly well at center for the Cards, but had a couple good games at guard against very good DTs.

Is he the long-term answer at center? Maybe. But considering the smaller Cole held up better than Bradbury, I think it might support my argument that Bradbury's problem isn't just physical. A big part of it is mental.  

We'll see how Cole does today against big Linval. No doubt, this would be one of those nightmare match ups for Bradbury. 
I'm too lazy to look up but I think Cole and Bradbury are about the same size?  Anyway, some people/players are much stronger then others at the same size so let's hope that that is the case with Cole.
Brad: 6-3, 305, 34 reps at 225, also known for a ridiculous squat number, which I can't find right now
Cole: 6-5, 292, 23 reps at 225

That's quite a difference. 

I'm tellin' ya...size, strength is not Bradbury's problem. There are several smaller centers who don't/didn't have this problem: Nalen, Linsley...Jason Kelce is a 4-time pro bowler and he came into the league at 6-4, 280.  Bradbury's problem is mental. Some offensive line guru actually told us this last season. Can't remember who that was, but I think he was right. 
Yeah, with his build, bradbury should be able to anchor.  Wonder what arm length is?  I don't recall that guru comment about it being an o-line geek, if you find it I would love to read it