Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More Mason Cole

Good news

Cole could be playing for a new contract with the Vikings. Another good showing and it has to be a conversation internally. Bradbury regardless cannot come back to Minnesota next season. 

Yea, I will be keying on Cole tomorrow that is for sure.  It would be nice if he can continue to play as well as he has.  Bradbury was a consensus pick for us at 18 but he falls into the Kalil category at this point meaning "everyone" said at the time that they were the right pick but as we all know that guarantee's nothing where even 1st round picks have maybe a 30% chance to become everyday starters 3 years out.  With Bradbury starting our whole OL was drafted:

O'Neill/Cleveland- 2nd round
Darrisaw/Bradbury - 1st round
Udoh - 6th round

Cole - free agent signing was a 3rd rounder

Darrisaw looks really good to me but that is after how many starts?  
Cleveland we/I had hopes that he would be emerging as a top G this season but has not.  But then maybe having Cole next to him might help.
Udoh was a surprise to most of us when he took the other G spot - he and Cleveland have been OK - again maybe having a better Center will help.  

All that said and our OL is still bottom 10 in the NFL by most standards.  PFF has moved us up a few spots over the last few weeks so maybe with Cole that trend can continue.  

Cole played well, but he needs to do it again today. He was one of the signings I was most excited about. Didn't play particularly well at center for the Cards, but had a couple good games at guard against very good DTs.

Is he the long-term answer at center? Maybe. But considering the smaller Cole held up better than Bradbury, I think it might support my argument that Bradbury's problem isn't just physical. A big part of it is mental.  

We'll see how Cole does today against big Linval. No doubt, this would be one of those nightmare match ups for Bradbury. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
Cole played well, but he needs to do it again today. He was one of the signings I was most excited about. Didn't play particularly well at center for the Cards, but had a couple good games at guard against very good DTs.

Is he the long-term answer at center? Maybe. But considering the smaller Cole held up better than Bradbury, I think it might support my argument that Bradbury's problem isn't just physical. A big part of it is mental.  

We'll see how Cole does today against big Linval. No doubt, this would be one of those nightmare match ups for Bradbury. 
I'm too lazy to look up but I think Cole and Bradbury are about the same size?  Anyway, some people/players are much stronger then others at the same size so let's hope that that is the case with Cole.

Quote: @minny65 said:
@MaroonBells said:

I'm too lazy to look up but I think Cole and Bradbury are about the same size?  Anyway, some people/players are much stronger then others at the same size so let's hope that that is the case with Cole.
Brad: 6-3, 305, 34 reps at 225, also known for a ridiculous squat number, which I can't find right now
Cole: 6-5, 292, 23 reps at 225

That's quite a difference. 

I'm tellin' ya...size, strength is not Bradbury's problem. There are several smaller centers who don't/didn't have this problem: Nalen, Linsley...Jason Kelce is a 4-time pro bowler and he came into the league at 6-4, 280.  Bradbury's problem is mental. Some offensive line guru actually told us this last season. Can't remember who that was, but I think he was right. 

Quote: @Caactorvike said:
Good news
I figured we could use some with the endless shit show this season.

Cole>Bradbury. Hard stop.

So from someone who watched the game yesterday: did Cole play well again yesterday?