Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PFF GRADES OUR O-LINE...
Quote: @Hawkvike25 said:
@greediron said:
@Hawkvike25 said:
@greediron said:
@StickyBun said:
I don't think Z is a bad person or even necessarily a bad coach: but he has weaknesses as a HEAD coach. He has weaknesses about how to attack and strategize in today's NFL. He's had a learning curve as THE man with the Vikings and the team should be better than this from various standpoints with Z being here as long as he has. Now is the time for a change. It's obvious. I know he desperately wants to win and I respect that. But its time to turn the page. 
I think he is a good head coach in many ways.  Players like playing for him, he seems to genuinely care.  The downfall in this era is that with the current rules, defense is just not that important.  Any successful offensive coordinator immediately gets hired elsewhere.  That is Zimmers biggest issue.  The talent that has come and gone on the offensive side.

Greed, I will give you props as you stick to your guns on Zimmer and his boys on defense. The issue in the NFL, mainly on the defensive side of things is loyalty will kill ya. It's an offensive game and Zim still tries to control games by owning the clock and stopping teams on 3rd down. Good coach, just not a good head coach anymore...probably a really cool guy to hang out with though.
I  said nothing about that, but go ahead and beat that drum.  My point was because our HC was a defensive guy, our offense has had talent come and go about every year.
Right. I wasnt criticizing you, was pointing out that I see you support Zimmer and some of his long term guys quite a bit. Nothing wrong about it, we just differ on their value which is fine. It does suck seeing the offensive coaches leave so much but because of playcalling this year you almost wonder if they feel like they are being micro-managed by Zimmer? Purely speculating on that
Ok, sorry, I read your response differently.  I am done with Zim, I have defended him to the end, but the team just keeps on mediocring.  At some point the excuses stop.  

Shurmur was the best given his limited QB.  He was also a former HC, so perhaps Zim deferred more to him.