Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT-Ever Have UPS Flat Out Lie About an Attempted Delivery?
Quote: @"comet52" said:
Delivery volume has exploded in the last 10-20 years and with it a lot of problems.   I think drivers are trained now to just get the package somewhere near the destination and call it good.  If that happens to be in the gutter down the street from the destination well, 'oh well it's close enough' is their mentality.
That sounds more like fedex,  or as we like robcall them,  the US soccer training program ( the boxes look like they were kicked all the way to SD when they arrive)  I give our UPS guys a lot of shit,  and they deserve it sometimes,  but most the drivers we get at work and home do a good job for us.  We once had a delivery at home tale a few days longer than it should have claiming whether delays or road conditions which was bullshit on the drivers part,  but they also regularly do things they don't have to do like leave the package somewhere protected from the weather and then a note on our door as to where they hid it this time.  That takes extra effort.

Lots more problems with Fedex, here.  Our UPS drivers are reliable.  I think it mostly depends on the specific location which ends up delivering to your house.  That said Fedex's tracking system is not good, or at least it wasn't good.  I had a portable ice house shipped to me and every morning they would say it was put on the truck out for delivery, and every evening they would say it was back in the warehouse.  Apparently if it's in the room where the dock doors are it counts as being on the truck.

I watched a documentary about delivery drivers in South Korea and how demanding the job is. I am going to have to look for more information about in the United States though. I know we talk about Amazon workers but it would be interesting to learn more about the rest. Definitely not excusing lack of delivery though.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"comet52" said:
Delivery volume has exploded in the last 10-20 years and with it a lot of problems.   I think drivers are trained now to just get the package somewhere near the destination and call it good.  If that happens to be in the gutter down the street from the destination well, 'oh well it's close enough' is their mentality.
That sounds more like fedex,  or as we like robcall them,  the US soccer training program ( the boxes look like they were kicked all the way to SD when they arrive)  I give our UPS guys a lot of shit,  and they deserve it sometimes,  but most the drivers we get at work and home do a good job for us.  We once had a delivery at home tale a few days longer than it should have claiming whether delays or road conditions which was bullshit on the drivers part,  but they also regularly do things they don't have to do like leave the package somewhere protected from the weather and then a note on our door as to where they hid it this time.  That takes extra effort.
Its like anything else in life: it all depends on the person. The best advice I can give anyone that has to call customer service on the phone for anything (airlines, hotels, cable company, etc.)...if after 5 minutes you feel the person you are talking to doesn't know what the hell to do or is somehow otherwise inept, hang up and call back. Get someone else on the line. It can make ALL the difference. Be nice also. Chat them up. Ask how they are doing. They deal with a lot of assholes. The level of competence varies GREATLY. 

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"comet52" said:
Its like anything else in life: it all depends on the person. The best advice I can give anyone that has to call customer service on the phone for anything (airlines, hotels, cable company, etc.)...if after 5 minutes you feel the person you are talking to doesn't know what the hell to do or is somehow otherwise inept, hang up and call back. Get someone else on the line. It can make ALL the difference. Be nice also. Chat them up. Ask how they are doing. They deal with a lot of assholes. The level of competence varies GREATLY. 

good advice,  unfortunately half the time I cant understand the person on the other end so chatting them up would be torturous for both of us,  also since the covid era those people arent ususally working in call centers,  they are working from home with a TV, Baby, Dog, or any of a number of other things blaring in the back ground... not to mention many of them are using a shitty speaker phone or cheap ass head set so the call quality alone is akin to NO G cellular.

back to fedex,  I think part of the problem with them is their package delivery people are private contractors and I dont think FedEx does a very thorough job on following up on customer complaints on their drivers. We actually have a UPS rep stop and check with us in person about once a year,  and have a rep call about 2 or 3 more times to make sure we are being taken care of.... pretty cool considering we only ship about 4 or5 packages a day on average with them.

I've had this issue recently because we are in a new development where they only have communal mailboxes. The USPS was delivering mail to the wrong one for two weeks and I called for a specific package probably 5 straight days. After the 5th day they finally realized it was going to the wrong one and they delivered us a thick rubberband of mail. It was extremely frustrating

We own 2 properties that butt up to each other.  You CAN drive through 1 to get to the other but we DO NOT want anyone doing so.  To do so means you're driving near our covered arena where my wife is likely working a young horse and your vehicle is going to scare the shit out of it. 

We had a bug guy use our 2 properties as a cut through and wasn't completing service at either location.  Dumb as drove about 45mph through our properties and about got my wife killed.  Call the firm VERY pissed.  He lied to his boss.  Dumbass didn't know that his truck was gps tracked.  They were able to confirm his speed and time and everything.  He was fired that day.
But back to UPS/Fedex/Amazon. 

It took 1 call to UPS to fix the issue with them and it was a temp driver.Fedex doesn't drop off much but its never been an issue. 
Amazon took 20-30 calls.  Fuck Amazon.

Well they never did bother to call me, got an exception email late this a.m. stating that the package has been rescheduled for tomorrow(Friday) per the “shippers request,” right…!  Confused How they pulled a “hold for future delivery” out of their collective asses, I’ll never know! B) 

Quote: @"Kentis" said:
@"El_Padre" said:
I lived in the country back in the day.  Ordered a hat and was home when the UPS guy pulls in.  I go outside, he doesn't acknowledge me and turns around. I check the tracking and it said something like "attempted delivery, no one home."  I drive into town later and happen to notice a brown box in the ditch.  Sure enough, it was the hat.  Only problem I have ever had with them though. 

In this case, saw the delivery truck out in the street in front of the house, but the driver never emerged. Tracked the package after he left, status now says “hold for future delivery request” expected delivery Oct 27th. Never changed or spoke to anyone about this delivery “request”. Called the UPS 800 # & was told local manager would call right back, that was about 5hrs ago.

That is exactly what happened to me.  Same wording and everything. 

Is it possible it was a Fedex package?
from r/byebyejob