Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT-Ever Have UPS Flat Out Lie About an Attempted Delivery?
This has happened to me a few times, no attempt whatsoever & no notice left, fuckers…!  Confused Probably so they don’t have to refund the sender, IDK. Integrity has evidently gone out the window!  

Not that I'm aware of. That sucks though.

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
Not that I'm aware of. That sucks though.

That’s good VG, I posed the same question on an internet search & I’m far from alone. Seems this is the M.O. of some UPS managers.  Confused

We give goodies to our UPS guy. life eould be mich harder without him. 

Id put up ring cameras and catch em in the act though. 

Quote: @AGRforever said:
Id put up ring cameras and catch em in the act though. 
Or lack of…  Wink  B)

Lots of new guys on the routes I think.  Ours gets screwed up constantly.  I have a hold put on ours so I can pick it up at the local UPS store rather than them dropping it at a neighbors.  Sometimes it sez it was delivered to the store for me to pick up, but it isn't there.  Turns out they delivered it to our address.  

I lived in the country back in the day.  Ordered a hat and was home when the UPS guy pulls in.  I go outside, he doesn't acknowledge me and turns around. I check the tracking and it said something like "attempted delivery, no one home."  I drive into town later and happen to notice a brown box in the ditch.  Sure enough, it was the hat.  Only problem I have ever had with them though. 

Quote: @El_Padre said:
I lived in the country back in the day.  Ordered a hat and was home when the UPS guy pulls in.  I go outside, he doesn't acknowledge me and turns around. I check the tracking and it said something like "attempted delivery, no one home."  I drive into town later and happen to notice a brown box in the ditch.  Sure enough, it was the hat.  Only problem I have ever had with them though. 

In this case, saw the delivery truck out in the street in front of the house, but the driver never emerged. Tracked the package after he left, status now says “hold for future delivery request” expected delivery Oct 27th. Never changed or spoke to anyone about this delivery “request”. Called the UPS 800 # & was told local manager would call right back, that was about 5hrs ago.

Delivery volume has exploded in the last 10-20 years and with it a lot of problems.   I think drivers are trained now to just get the package somewhere near the destination and call it good.  If that happens to be in the gutter down the street from the destination well, 'oh well it's close enough' is their mentality.