Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christian Darrisaw set to practice Wednesday
Quote: @"AGRforever" said:
Gosh, do you really start a rookie at LT that hasnt practiced a snap with us yet?
Nope but he needs to start getting to work.

probs does not start unless someone gets hurt 

Darrisaw has a lot of catching up to do. The team won't be rushing him. If he can be the primary backup to Hill in 4-5 weeks, that would be fantastic. 

I think if Hill were to get injured at some point (don't want that) past maybe midseason or so and Darrisaw is healthy and ready, he'd take the job and not look back. Otherwise Darrisaw won't be starting this year. I don't think the staff would yank Hill it would have to be an injury. 

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
Darrisaw has a lot of catching up to do. The team won't be rushing him. If he can be the primary backup to Hill in 4-5 weeks, that would be fantastic. 

I think if Hill were to get injured at some point (don't want that) past maybe midseason or so and Darrisaw is healthy and ready, he'd take the job and not look back. Otherwise Darrisaw won't be starting this year. I don't think the staff would yank Hill it would have to be an injury. 
Yeah, it's going to be a while. I think right now if Hill were to get hurt we might slide Udoh over to LT and replace him with Wyatt or Dozier. 

Agreed - best thing for Darrisaw right now is a healthy R. Hill. 

Would be great if Hill can hold down the fort while Darrisaw gets up to speed.  I am worried that he is not and we will have to bring in Darrisaw earlier in the season then he might be ready for.  I loved the Darrisaw pick and move down but I also think/thought Darrisaw was a plug and play LT.  

Overall, we are entering this season with the same major weakness on offense that we have had for years - OL.   I am Disappointed in both Darrisaw and Wyatt but my expectations were to high I guess.  

The Barr issue concerns me a lot more then Darrisaw right now. This D needs him on the field.

Darrisaw walked laps around the Vikings practice field last week as he reached the end of his original two-to-three-week recovery timeline from a second groin surgery.

The hefty tackle, listed at 315 pounds, has been limited to rehab work, including stretching his core muscles and riding a stationary bike. Conditioning will be a factor in determining his readiness. He played through the groin problem last fall at Virginia Tech, and it was thought to be fixed with a January surgery performed by Dr. William Meyers.
But eight months later, Darrisaw visited Meyers again at the Vincera Institute in Philadelphia, and had a Aug. 12 operation that required a "minor incision" to alleviate pain on his left side, according to a league source.
Darrisaw is expected to return to practice Wednesday, according to Zimmer. He'll start with offensive line drills, and coaches will evaluate him from there.
"Is it the right footwork? Is he making mistakes?" Zimmer said. "How's he pass protecting? It's just going to be an evaluation each week, and then when we decide to put him in there, then we do —or if we do."
"Much of the offensive line is so much about footwork and working together, and getting off the ball at the same time and combination blocks," Zimmer added. "So there's a lot of things we have not seen him do."
Darrisaw, 22, isn't used to missing snaps because of injuries, having mostly played through ankle and groin issues in college. That toughness was cited by Spielman this spring as a reason he draft Darrisaw in the first round.
"He's just ready to get going," said Darrisaw's mother, Kim Cherry. "He wants to be healthy, and he wants [the pain] to be bearable for him to be able to go out there to function and play."
Teammates and coaches say Darrisaw has remained engaged. During meetings, he jots down notes on the whiteboard in front of the offensive line room. His locker is next to O'Neill, who said he's been impressed by the rookie's questions. The mental part is not a concern, according to Rauscher, who is just eager to see what Darrisaw can do in pads.
"It's fun to watch," Rauscher said. "It'd be more fun to watch him play left tackle, but he's connecting with the group, which is good."
https://www.startribune.com/vikings-seas...600094816/