Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christian Darrisaw set to practice Wednesday
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/09/06/christian-darrisaw-set-to-practice-wednesday/

Vikings first-round pick Christian Darrisaw has been off the field in recent weeks because of a core muscle injury, but the offensive tackle will start working his way toward his regular season debut this week.
Head coach Mike Zimmer said at a Monday press conference that Darrisaw is set to do individual work at Wednesday’s practice. Darrisaw had surgery on August 12 to address the issue and word at the time was that the Vikings hoped he’d be back in time for the opener against the Bengals.
Zimmer said the team will have to see how Darrisaw does in practice before setting a timeline for game action. The rookie was seen as the likely starter at left tackle, but Rashod Hill has been manning the spot in his absence.

There’s less clarity on what linebacker Anthony Barr will do this week. He’s been dealing with knee problems and Zimmer said the team will see where he is on Wednesday before determining a course of action.

Great news on Darrisaw, the more Barr is out? The more concerned I get. Shocked word hasn't leaked on whats wrong. 

So, Barr has knee issues...that's the most definitive thing I've heard about him this offseason.

A bit of good news mixed with some possible bad news. Happy for Darrisaw, we'll see about Barr.

Vikings' first-round pick Christian Darrisaw could practice WednesdayDarrisaw had his second groin surgery of the year on Aug. 12, and Rashod Hill will start the year at left tackle for the Vikings.
The Vikings could get a longer look at first-round pick Christian Darrisaw this week, though it will still take some time before they determine whether they're ready to hand over the starting left tackle job to him.

Coach Mike Zimmer said Darrisaw — who had his second groin surgery of the yearon Aug. 12 — will likely get some work in individual drills on Wednesday, when the Vikings begin preparations for Sunday's regular-season opener against the Bengals in Cincinnati. But Darrisaw has barely been on the field since the Vikings selected him 23rd overall in April — "I think he's practiced four times since he's been here," Zimmer said.
Rashod Hill is in line to start at left tackle on Sunday, while the Vikings wait to see what they can expect from Darrisaw at this point.
"Well, I think the biggest thing is watching him practice and then we start seeing him and start seeing him develop," Zimmer said. "Some of those things are going to show up early. Especially when he hasn't practiced in awhile. Is it the right footwork? Is he making mistakes? How's he pass protecting? It's just going to be an evaluation each week and then when we decide to put him in there then we do. Or if we do."
Hill, a practice-squad pickup in 2016, has fashioned a long career for himself in Minnesota thanks to his usefulness as a swing tackle. His starting job at the beginning of this year, though, will be his first since 2018.
"I was actually thinking about that yesterday. I was talking to my wife. I still think about that sometimes — my journey from coming out [of college], being undrafted, practice squad, getting here," Hill said. "It's special that I have an opportunity to be a starter again right now, which is a blessing. I ain't taking it for granted."
https://www.startribune.com/vikings-firs...600094454/

Gosh, do you really start a rookie at LT that hasnt practiced a snap with us yet?

Quote: @AGRforever said:
Gosh, do you really start a rookie at LT that hasnt practiced a snap with us yet?

No…

Quote: @Kentis said:
@AGRforever said:

No…
Not without a big asz TE over there. 

I have no idea when/if we'll see him...

Um, yippee?

Quote: @AGRforever said:
No one's talking about him starting. I think best case scenario for Darrisaw is to do individual work this week, get some snaps in at practice in the coming weeks and maybe see some late-game, blowout snaps in games after the bye. And that's BEST case. JMO.