@"Wetlander" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
Vikes
@vikesinsider
· 42m
The Minnesota #Vikings and Philadelphia #Eagles discussed a deal that would have sent Eagles tight end Dallas Goedert to the Vikings, according to Matt Lombardo.

Why did the trade fall through? Sounds like Philadelphia’s asking price for the tight end was too high.
Wow, now that would've been something. Happy with the Herndon trade, but would've been jacked to see Goedert. 
Herndon, pre Gase, pre injury, was damn fine.
He sure was a hot commodity in a lot of fantasy conversations the last few years. And he's even younger than Goedert, which seems shocking to me. There's a decent chance he ends up better than Goedert. God knows his surround/coach/QB didn't help him any. Let's put it this way, I'd rather have Herndon for a 50 slot day-3 downgrade than Goedert for the 2nd rounder the Eagles were likely asking. 
Lots of guys get talked up in fantasy, doesn't mean they all turn out to be good.  
[Image: mkx43kshs0pe.gif]
Well that was basically your rationale for liking the trade.  He was talked up for years in fantasy football convos, he's younger than Goedert, and has a decent chance to be better than him...

Nothing wrong with a glass half full outlook, but let's be realistic.  Herndon does have some upside based strictly on his athletic profile, but injuries and off the field issues have left a dark stain on his first few years in the league. Nothing wrong with thinking Herndon has some upside left, but you lose me when you start rationalizing it by stating he could end up being better than a young, squeaky clean, more productive TE.  It just looks like homerism is all.
Jesus, Wetlander, that was an aside, not a justification for the trade. Yes, of course I'd prefer Goedert. I said so. "I like the Herndon trade, but would've been jacked about landing Goedert." 

HOWEVER, like I also said, I'd rather have Herndon for a 50 slot drop on day three than Goedert for the 2nd rounder the Eagles were likely asking. 

And yes, of course there's a chance Herndon can be better. Big time athleticism and upside in a much better offense bodes well for him. And it's not like Goedert has looked like the next Kelce or Kittle. Curious he was on the market instead of Ertz. 

It's not homerism, it's just the truth. I know folks don't care much for the truth when they'd rather hear confirmation that we suck and can't have anything nice. I've never understood that. 
It is homerism if we are getting excited about a backup TE from the Jets.  ;-)

However, I do agree that there has been too many bad vibe posts.  Like I said in another thread, people are making too much of a ho hum preseason where Dalvin and Jefferson didn't play at all and Thielen played like 5 snaps?  In Kirk's defense (can't believe I'm doing this), he didn't exactly have the best supporting cast to show much in limited preseason action...  this team is more talented than last years version, we'll just have to see if that equates to wins.

Quote: @"Wetlander" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"Wetlander" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"Wetlander" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
Vikes
@vikesinsider
· 42m
The Minnesota #Vikings and Philadelphia #Eagles discussed a deal that would have sent Eagles tight end Dallas Goedert to the Vikings, according to Matt Lombardo.

Why did the trade fall through? Sounds like Philadelphia’s asking price for the tight end was too high.
Wow, now that would've been something. Happy with the Herndon trade, but would've been jacked to see Goedert. 
Herndon, pre Gase, pre injury, was damn fine.
He sure was a hot commodity in a lot of fantasy conversations the last few years. And he's even younger than Goedert, which seems shocking to me. There's a decent chance he ends up better than Goedert. God knows his surround/coach/QB didn't help him any. Let's put it this way, I'd rather have Herndon for a 50 slot day-3 downgrade than Goedert for the 2nd rounder the Eagles were likely asking. 
Lots of guys get talked up in fantasy, doesn't mean they all turn out to be good.  
[Image: mkx43kshs0pe.gif]
Well that was basically your rationale for liking the trade.  He was talked up for years in fantasy football convos, he's younger than Goedert, and has a decent chance to be better than him...

Nothing wrong with a glass half full outlook, but let's be realistic.  Herndon does have some upside based strictly on his athletic profile, but injuries and off the field issues have left a dark stain on his first few years in the league. Nothing wrong with thinking Herndon has some upside left, but you lose me when you start rationalizing it by stating he could end up being better than a young, squeaky clean, more productive TE.  It just looks like homerism is all.
Jesus, Wetlander, that was an aside, not a justification for the trade. Yes, of course I'd prefer Goedert. I said so. "I like the Herndon trade, but would've been jacked about landing Goedert." 

HOWEVER, like I also said, I'd rather have Herndon for a 50 slot drop on day three than Goedert for the 2nd rounder the Eagles were likely asking. 

And yes, of course there's a chance Herndon can be better. Big time athleticism and upside in a much better offense bodes well for him. And it's not like Goedert has looked like the next Kelce or Kittle. Curious he was on the market instead of Ertz. 

It's not homerism, it's just the truth. I know folks don't care much for the truth when they'd rather hear confirmation that we suck and can't have anything nice. I've never understood that. 
It is homerism if we are getting excited about a backup TE from the Jets.  ;-)

However, I do agree that there has been too many bad vibe posts.  Like I said in another thread, people are making too much of a ho hum preseason where Dalvin and Jefferson didn't play at all and Thielen played like 5 snaps?  In Kirk's defense (can't believe I'm doing this), he didn't exactly have the best supporting cast to show much in limited preseason action...  this team is more talented than last years version, we'll just have to see if that equates to wins.

Not as excited as I was about ISJ, but excited we actually did something about it and brought in a TE who should at least compete for TE1 with Conklin. Also like that he was having a good camp in the Jets' new wide zone offense--an offense he'll be coming to. There's definitely upside there, especially considering he was in a Gase offense the year before and hurt the year before that. 

Let's say this. I say barring injury, Herndon has his best year ever. If he doesn't I'll wear a Tutu on Nicollet. If he does, well I recommend the camo. :-)