Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings Waived/Injured Bucky to make room for TE Bell?
I feel like we’re speculating a lot about Hodges.  Is there any evidence suggesting that his
attitude/behavior/performance is the driving factor for his release/IR status
as opposed to just his concussion?

Just seems weird that he initially made the team, then after finding Bell on Waivers and claiming him, then Hodges was cut, if they didn't think he had any talent, wouldn't they have just cut him to begin with?? 

Quote: @medaille said:
I feel like we’re speculating a lot about Hodges.  Is there any evidence suggesting that his
 just thinking out loud about things I've heard and seen and wondering if there are any correlations.

Pretty sure that was the book on him pre-draft as well.  Most I read mentioned something about his attitude/coachability.

I'm still not clear on what's going on with Hodges. Since he cleared waivers, did we place him on IR or is it still possible we reach injury settlement with him (ala Datone Jones) and grant him his outright release? I thought the kid showed enough to at least make the practice squad.

I'd like to see him back in TC next year, but the curve  is going to be steep.  It's all up to him.

Quote: @medaille said:

This is what raised my eyebrows about him and why I mentioned "attitude":

http://www.twincities.com/2017/04/29/a-l...t-choices/

-------
TE Bucky Hodges, Virginia Tech, 6-7, 245 pounds

Hodges is very athletic but needs to refine his skills. He caught 48
passes last season for 691 yards and seven touchdowns. Hodges is a very
confident player, saying he wants to be an NFL “legend” and lead the
Vikings to “multiple” Super Bowl wins.
-------

Most rookies will say their first job and focus is to make the team.  He is going way beyond that and for me, that is a red flag.  I know others will say there is nothing wrong with confidence, but I did not like his response.