Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Courtney Cronin
Quote: @Lee 19 said:
Only 2 beat reporters who ever break a story are Tomasson and Goessling.
Tomasson breaks many things.  Stories are not one of them.

Only in the offseason can a thread titled 'Courtney Cronin' get 41 responses, lol. 

Hurry, Vikings football!

[Image: 200.gif]

You may not like him but he gets scoops all the time.

Quote: @Lee 19 said:
You may not like him but he gets scoops all the time.
Blind squirrel throwing shit against a wall comes to mind.

Hes wrong as much or more than he is right.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
The OP isn't even worth commenting on, but I'm no fan of Cronin. And you can throw Mackey and Judd in that group too. 

Listened to their podcasts quite a bit last January and February. Neither of them seemed to have a clue about free agency, the salary cap or the draft. 

They all seemed focused mostly on how Zimmer and Spielman were on the hot seat with ownership...how Cousins contract was stifling the organization...and how we should "jump at the chance" to trade Cousins for Jimmy G...and how the Vikings should tear it all down to rebuild because we were 2 or 3 years from contending....and how the fact that we were $11M over the cap meant that we would not be adding any free agents...and how the Vikings would have to trade Hunter because they couldn't afford to keep him...because of Cousins...and $11M over....and....yada yada yada...

I was just like OK, these guys are stupid and I'm not going to listen anymore. 
During the season Purple Daily can sometimes be worth a listen.  When Coller was on it was a daily dose of why I hate Kirk Cousins by Matthew Coller.  I'm not surprised they sent him packing.   But in the offseason Mackey/Judd are just desperate for something meaningful to talk about now that they are crammed into a 5 days a week year-round Viking gig.   

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@greediron said:
@MaroonBells said:
The OP isn't even worth commenting on, but I'm no fan of Cronin. And you can throw Mackey and Judd in that group too. 

Listened to their podcasts quite a bit last January and February. Neither of them seemed to have a clue about free agency, the salary cap or the draft. 

They all seemed focused mostly on how Zimmer and Spielman were on the hot seat with ownership...how Cousins contract was stifling the organization...and how we should "jump at the chance" to trade Cousins for Jimmy G...and how the Vikings should tear it all down to rebuild because we were 2 or 3 years from contending....and how the fact that we were $11M over the cap meant that we would not be adding any free agents...and how the Vikings would have to trade Hunter because they couldn't afford to keep him...because of Cousins...and $11M over....and....yada yada yada...

I was just like OK, these guys are stupid and I'm not going to listen anymore. 
So she is a decent in coverage but not good in run support?  I think many reporters struggle in the offseason when they have to make up shit to write on.  
She's great in coverage. As a beat reporter who covers pressers and what's happening at OTA's, camp, etc., she's one of the better ones IMO.

It's when she offers an opinion that she loses all credibility. 
Hmm... I'm mildly bothered by the slight lisp if we're just fishing for reasons to dislike her.   Actually I think she sometimes gets good inside info.   But yeah, the opinions are just sort of... not worth bothering with.