Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whoa... Vikings releasing Alex Boone...
Quote: @"NoGoingBack" said:
Basically a brand new line this year. Crazy. 

I figure they can't be worse but I've said that before and been wrong.
I truly don't think they can be worse. They certainly can be equally as bad though. But I doubt that as well. Still it is mind boggling the weakest part of the team (Offensive Line) is the only unit to not play a single preseason snap with all 5 current starters in. 

Quote: @"jargomcfargo" said:
@"matt4787" said:
 Now what would really throw me for a loop is if they started Rashod Hill at LT and Riley Reiff at RT. 
I wouldn't mind seeing that but they paid Remmers quite a bit so it probably won't happen.
I truly hope money is not the reason they decide to play anyone. You have your roster and you put the best starting unit in. You don't compound a mistake with another mistake.

Pretty surprising because the man is at the very least experienced depth. After last year, I'm surprised they're not willing to overpay for that...for one more year. 

Quote: @"Wetlander" said:
Andrew Krammer @Andrew_Krammer
#Vikings releasing guard Alex Boone, eating $3.4M in dead money, per @GoesslingStrib2:35 PM · Sep 2, 2017
Leber speculated earlier this week on just this happening...Nailed it. 

Wow, that took some balls.  Wink 

I kinda like it, surprised but like going young and building an unit. 

The only thing worse than making a mistake in the draft or FA is continuing to live with it...

They had to do something.  Berger is going to retire this year most likely and Sirles may be the next cut, and then maybe Remmers.  Somebody had to go now and they still are not prepared for next year, if this all happens.

Quote: @"matt4787" said:
@"jargomcfargo" said:
@"matt4787" said:
 Now what would really throw me for a loop is if they started Rashod Hill at LT and Riley Reiff at RT. 
I wouldn't mind seeing that but they paid Remmers quite a bit so it probably won't happen.
I truly hope money is not the reason they decide to play anyone. You have your roster and you put the best starting unit in. You don't compound a mistake with another mistake.
I'm in total agreement, but history has shown GM's making mistakes, and compounding those mistakes by letting the contract size determine who plays. It was particularly bad during Frazier's time as HC.
But I'm 100 % on board with your line of thinking. Hopefully Zimmer will play the best players regardless of contract.

I definitely still very concerned about the OL.  However, I feel that way every season.  I'm not sure they can even be as bad as last year as long as they stay healthy, which hasn't really been the case in preseason.  I guess I'll just hope for the best.