Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mond's release is quick and compact
Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
Simms has explained in recent months that Mond's combination of mechanics and arm talent put him firmly ahead of both Fields and Lance, and that Mond's supporting cast was weaker than most QBs in the draft.

While I didn't put him above Lance or Fields, this is what drew me to Mond when I first watched him. He's a flawed QB, but his movement, motion and accuracy stood out. He has a chance. 
If you watch him for any amount of time, you'll be saying to yourself "get rid of it, get rid of it, getridofit, getridofit!"

Might have been his first game vs Bama he just took shot after shot. At one point I thought to myself if this was a boxing match it would be a TKO.
you sure you arent thinking of watching the current purple starter on sundays?

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Jones would be in a walker.
i was thinking a transfer to a school with a good aquatics program.

Quote: @"Hawkvike25" said:
Maybe Mond watches Kirk hold on to the ball for too long and notices that's not what you're supposed to do. On the other hand, please watch Kirk throw dimes down the field
look at Monds film,  he can be pretty damn accurate himself over 20 yards,  you certainly shouldnt see Theilen trying to call for a fair catch under a Mond pass like weve have seen on some deep balls by previous QBs.

Quote: @"BEO" said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
Simms has explained in recent months that Mond's combination of mechanics and arm talent put him firmly ahead of both Fields and Lance, and that Mond's supporting cast was weaker than most QBs in the draft.

While I didn't put him above Lance or Fields, this is what drew me to Mond when I first watched him. He's a flawed QB, but his movement, motion and accuracy stood out. He has a chance. 
If you watch him for any amount of time, you'll be saying to yourself "get rid of it, get rid of it, getridofit, getridofit!"

Might have been his first game vs Bama he just took shot after shot. At one point I thought to myself if this was a boxing match it would be a TKO.

I wonder if that is a product of having not much supporting cast?

Looking at the list of 3rd round QBs... you realize how tough it is to find a good one.

That being said... on that list we have 3 superbowl starters(O'Donnell, Wilson, Foles), 2 superbowl winners (Wilson, Foles).

I'm just saying.... "theeeeeeres a chance"!
Only one of those QBs is actually a good QB. But you're right, it's incredibly hard for college QBs to make the transition to the NFL. Don't know why that is, but go to drafthistory.com and it's littered with QB busts up and down the draft. 

Off the top of my head (or out of my ass), so this could be way off, but I would say that in the top 10, you have about a 40% chance of hitting. Between 10 and 32, about 20%. 2nd round, about 15%. 3rd round and down, about 5%. I would also say there's not much difference in the hit rate between the 3rd round and the lower rounds. At that point, no matter the round, you're just guessing. 

Mond is as good a guess as anyone.  

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
https://twitter.com/PhilMackey/status/13...17953?s=20
There are 2 names that I don't need to hear from on QBs

Quote: @"greediron" said:
There are 2 names that I don't need to hear from on QBs
Wha?? Dilfer? What's your problem with the Dilf? 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
https://twitter.com/PhilMackey/status/13...17953?s=20
So Chris Simms and Trent Dilfer are ringing the bell for Mond. So the question is why? What are they seeing that makes them so high on the guy's potential in the NFL? He obviously has weaknesses and went in round 3.

IMO, its his arm talent, how he's gotten better every year and some NFL style throws into small windows. I'd like to see Mond at 220 lbs also. 

"Favorite pick: Texas A&M's Kellen Mond was our QB6 and, like the Vikings, had him as an early third-rounder. Mond was a lot of fun to watch in 2020 and made huge strides during his senior season. He could end up being one of the best picks in this draft class if it all comes together." CBS Sports

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
So Chris Simms and Trent Dilfer are ringing the bell for Mond. So the question is why? What are they seeing that makes them so high on the guy's potential in the NFL? He obviously has weaknesses and went in round 3.

IMO, its his arm talent, how he's gotten better every year and some NFL style throws into small windows. I'd like to see Mond at 220 lbs also. 

"Favorite pick: Texas A&M's Kellen Mond was our QB6 and, like the Vikings, had him as an early third-rounder. Mond was a lot of fun to watch in 2020 and made huge strides during his senior season. He could end up being one of the best picks in this draft class if it all comes together." CBS Sports

Dilfer was highly critical of the Ponder pick, so he does have some cred in my eyes.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Hawkvike25" said:
Maybe Mond watches Kirk hold on to the ball for too long and notices that's not what you're supposed to do. On the other hand, please watch Kirk throw dimes down the field
look at Monds film,  he can be pretty damn accurate himself over 20 yards,  you certainly shouldnt see Theilen trying to call for a fair catch under a Mond pass like weve have seen on some deep balls by previous QBs.
It wasnt as much of a knock on Mond's capabilities downfield, more of a compliment to Kirk who throws, in my opinion, one of the best deep balls in football