Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mond, Kellen Mond. License To QB
Sam Ehlenger is a tremendous leader.  And tough as nails.  But his ceiling is backup QB in the NFL.  I wouldn't bet on Mond, but his ceiling is definitely higher.

Quote: @"Purpleblooded" said:
I follow A&M and would take a hard pass at Mond.  There are splashes, but "wildly inconsistent" seems like understating it.
Spot on.

Quote: @"Purpleblooded" said:
Sam Ehlenger is a tremendous leader.  And tough as nails.  But his ceiling is backup QB in the NFL.  I wouldn't bet on Mond, but his ceiling is definitely higher.
This for sure.

Bump

This is the modern NFL QB type the Vikings just hadn't had on their roster. Let's hope he can nail down the backup job and then maybe be a lot more in 2 years. His mobility and arm strength are key. Stands tough in the pocket. They obviously made a choice over Mills, as he was taken next. The team did a ton of due diligence on him and obviously liked what they saw to nab him with their top pick in round 3.

The fact that we now have the leverage back with Cousins is my favorite part of this pick.  Honestly after this coming season Kirk will want a new deal,  the team will want to avoid that 35 million if they can,  but unlike last time Kirk doesn't hold all the cards.  I wouldn't be scared letting Mond learn for 2 years under a guy like Cousins,  but I wouldn't be scared trading Cousins away if he won't deal and grabbing a journeyman to come in and compete with Mond for the 1 spot in 2 years either. 

I am not going to be complaining about this draft at all unless we don't get a kicker later today.  Oh and a S, and a WR with take the top off speed but I think my targets there are all gone.