Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mond, Kellen Mond. License To QB
The #Vikings front office has done “unbelievable homework“ on Texas A&M QB Kellen Mond, according to Darren Wolfson.

Cousins is 33....Not old, but not young. Doesn't strike me as someone who plays till 40. 

Not a bad time to get someone to curate a year or 2. 

My favorite among the 2nd tier QBs, but I'd be surprised if he's there at #78. 

Maybe he is a target through trade down to add that 2nd round pick?

Mond is so wildly inconsistent. You'd see the low floor and high ceiling in the same quarter... Possibly series... But, I'm all for find the QBOTF, especially if it's a Day 2 pick or later.

Definitely my favorite QB prospect out of the 2nd tier guys.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
Maybe he is a target through trade down to add that 2nd round pick?
Yeah, that could be it. Or they've just done a bunch of research on the kid and made a decision that is either yay or nay. I just keep remembering its Liars Season right now in the NFL. I'm for drafting a guy to sit the bench behind Cousins for 1.5/2 full years and that guy could be Monds. I know that you want to take advantage generally of a QB's first contract but conversely, some guys benefit from some extra baking in the oven. The NFL just wants to rush guys in and watch them implode. Maybe it time to go the Aaron Rodgers/Steve McNair mode with some kids.

I follow A&M and would take a hard pass at Mond.  There are splashes, but "wildly inconsistent" seems like understating it.

If we were going to choose between Mond and Ehlenger, I like Sam better as a QB now, but I think Mond will "fit" better in the NFL.  What Mond has shown in progressing the last two seasons suggests to me his ceiling is higher, Sam does what he does at a high level.

I would choose Kellen.  Either will be a couple years from leading.

If they pick him, there might be a new coaching staff by the time he gets the opportunity to play. The clock is ticking on this staff. Just sayin.