Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The draft and conventional wisdom
[Image: 0w19ubrm4awq.jpeg]

Rick was pleased with Howie's choice.

Quote: @"TBro" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
As you mentioned @Maroon the consensus is ALWAYS wrong. Even last year I would have told you that I'd take Jerry Juedy over JJ (ok that is still way better than some) but the draft is an inexact science. 
I think I'm the only one on the planet who had JJ ranked at the top...and neither Ruggs or Raegor in his top five. Actually, when you look at my top 5: JJ, Lamb, Aiyuk, Jeudy, Higgins/Shenault (tie) would you take them off the board any differently now? It's still early, but that's pretty damn close to how they performed their first seasons. So I've learned to trust my gut, no matter how crazy it sounds. :-)
Thank God the Eagles have Roseman as their GM who is one of the worst drafting GM's in the league. Raegor was such a dumb pick when JJ was just low hanging fruit sitting right in front of them.  
Well, i thought so too, but he wasn't the only one who had Raegor over JJ. Many did. I would say consensus had JJ either 4th or 5th behind Lamb, Jeudy, Ruggs and sometimes Raegor. 

For context.

[Image: n528Z49KX25NF.jpg]BarrNone55 Posts: 9,748KingApril 2020 Flag
20 percent of my top 50 players are WRs. My top 10 (overall rank): 1. CeeDee Lamb (11) 2. Jerry Jeudy (12) 3. Henry Ruggs (16) 4. Brandon Aiyuk (30) 5. Justin Jefferson (31) 6. Jalen Reagor (42) 7. Lynn Bowden (44) 8. Tee Higgins (45) 9. Michael Pittman (46) 10. Denzel Mims (49)