Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Backup QB?
Quote: @kmillard said:
Don't need one with this regime. If something happened to Kirk they would trade 1st round picks for some other teams starter. They don't have anyone on the roster who can start in case of a Kirk injury, unless a higher draft pick is the desired outcome.
That might be the best case scenario,   of course if that injury were to take place in would be late enough in a successful season to only kill our playoff chances but not early enough to ensure a quality shot at a stud QB...such is the life of a Vikings fan. 

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
The notion that our qb2 needs to be that veteran eyes and ears in the qb room for Kirk is an asinine excuse for not having any real competition or developing player in that role.  If they really wanted a guy thats been around the block and seen a lot of shit,   the world is littered with failed veterans that could be brought in as coaches and not players taking up a roster spot,  especially a wasted game day active spot.

Of all the accolades that Kirk receives from his supporters,   I think my favorite has been his durability,   as bad as last year was imagine it with Mannion under center.
The notion that our qb2 needs to be that veteran eyes and ears in the qb room for Kirk is an asinine excuse for not having any real competition or developing player in that role.  If they really wanted a guy thats been around the block and seen a lot of shit,   the world is littered with failed veterans that could be brought in as coaches and not players taking up a roster spot,  especially a wasted game day active spot.

Of all the accolades that Kirk receives from his supporters,   I think my favorite has been his durability,   as bad as last year was imagine it with Mannion under center.

I totally agree. I have been saying the same thing.  If Mannion is so good in the QB room but a liability on the field then hire him as a coach if you value his input that much—but free up a roster spot for a QB you have some confidence in on the field.