Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DJ's first mock
Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Waddle has more experience as a returner, but Smith did average over 20 yards a punt return on 11 attempts when Waddle went out injured. Not too shabby. Either guy, I'm not kicking in my Samsung. But, we aren't going WR unless we find a G and 3T/DE in FA. 
I wouldn't be so sure. I don't think they would pass on Smith/Waddle even without a G, 3T, and DE. The Vikings precedence in those instances is trade down to extract value or if all else fails take the player you have rated higher. So unless they believe Barmore, Rousseau, or Paye is on the same tier of Waddle/Smith I do think they'd pass on drafting for need. Good news is you probably have a slew of teams who'd be willing to move up. 

I don't think Smith falls that far but there is a real chance we could see an elite skill position player still sitting on the board at #14.  Whether that's Smith, Waddle or Kyle Pitts.  There is going to be a QB run within the top 10 that's going to push one or more of these guys down the board.  I don't know that the Vikings would pull the trigger but it would certainly make the pick more interesting. 

Have a really hard time seeing a WR, but at the end of the day, it's good if teams THINK we might take one, whether we actually do or not. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
Have a really hard time seeing a WR, but at the end of the day, it's good if teams THINK we might take one, whether we actually do or not. 
Right, perception is key. I like where the Vikes sit right now but that all could change on the day of the draft. As Geoff said, there will be teams who want to jump up but we wont know who until April 29.

Speaking of WRs - I get a hunch that Rashod Bateman could slide. Few mock drafts are putting him in round 1 any more, and it seems like other WRs - faster ones - are climbing.

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
They pass on Waddle @ 14 and this daddy is going to need a new tv...
I've heard Waddle is just as fast as Henry Ruggs and a better route runner. Great in the return game too.

Ruggs went #12 last year. If Waddle is on the board at 14, and Thielen hasn't been resigned to a more cap friendly deal (which I don't think he will)... it would be hard to pass on Waddle, a second round pick for Thielen and an 8M cap savings.

Waddle is electric and brings big play potential on every snap. A Tyreek Hill type game changer.

Quote: @Carl Knowles said:
@purplefaithful said:
I've heard Waddle is just as fast as Henry Ruggs and a better route runner. Great in the return game too.

Ruggs went #12 last year. If Waddle is on the board at 14, and Thielen hasn't been resigned to a more cap friendly deal (which I don't think he will)... it would be hard to pass on Waddle, a second round pick for Thielen and an 8M cap savings.

Waddle is electric and brings big play potential on every snap. A Tyreek Hill type game changer.

I wouldn't use Ruggs to sell anyone on Waddle. And Tyreek Hill was a 5th rounder. 

Quote: @Carl Knowles said:
@purplefaithful said:

Swapping out Thielen for a rookie is a lateral move at best for next season. Same goes for similar fan plans for Rieff. Or Harry Smith.
Unless RS is ready to untie his own fate from Zimmer's, I do not see him using this offseason to make prudent, longterm-focused roster decisions. (Yes I know that's his job, but I don't see him doing it.) His buddy Zim's seat is too hot to be trading away our best players.
If they were delusional enough to think we could make a deep run this past season, they darn sure think we will next season when there's actually some cause for optimism.