Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In case anyone was wondering...
Quote: @"savannahskol" said:
Is "no mask/no social-distancing" part of the Biden plan?
As well as illegal? Per his own XO edict? 
"Wearing masks isn't a partisan issue — it's a patriotic act that can save countless lives. That's why I signed an executive order today issuing a mask mandate on federal property. It's time to mask up, America."
— President Biden (@POTUS) January 21, 2021

The mask mandate on federal property seems to be more symbolism over substance.  Yeah, there are 10's of thousand federal workers but most US citizens are rarely in a federal facility.  Visits to State, county or local facilities are far more common and I'm willing to wager that most already require a mask.  They do in the flyover country of Idaho.

I'll back up a bit, many do visit federal facilities (museums, parks, etc) when vacationing but how much of that is going on now?  Does a mask really make sense when backpacking in a federal park?  An overall mandate seems to be an overreach, IMO.

Do we want some kind of over-reach or maybe just kind of ignore it? That's what we were given as choices in Amerika. 

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
Do we want some kind of over-reach or maybe just kind of ignore it? That's what we were given as choices in Amerika. 
Well then.....so much for the comforting plan stated in the OP.

Biden warned on Friday that as the outbreak continues, "there's nothing we can do to change the trajectory of the pandemic in the next several months."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnbc.com/amp/2021/01/22/biden-says-nothing-can-change-the-trajectory-of-covid-pandemic-over-the-next-several-months.html

Quote: @"savannahskol" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:

Biden warned on Friday that as the outbreak continues, "there's nothing we can do to change the trajectory of the pandemic in the next several months."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnbc.com/amp/2021/01/22/biden-says-nothing-can-change-the-trajectory-of-covid-pandemic-over-the-next-several-months.html
And his supporters still think it wasn't organized and political.  The "steal" started way way way before the election this year.  The libs and their puppeteers have been planting bullshit since before he was elected the first time  

Now that they have control its not answers and solutions,   just excuses and blaming the previous guy still.   But don't worry,  if you will just give up a few more liberties I am sure they will be able to get a handle on it real soon.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"savannahskol" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:

And his supporters still think it wasn't organized and political.  The "steal" started way way way before the election this year.  The libs and their puppeteers have been planting bullshit since before he was elected the first time  

Now that they have control its not answers and solutions,   just excuses and blaming the previous guy still.   But don't worry,  if you will just give up a few more liberties I am sure they will be able to get a handle on it real soon.
Oh dear! Even you?
Maybe just maybe could this be due to the holiday gatherings that caused it to increase?. Measures don't work right away, they take time before the effects are seen.
At least someone is actually doing something as a opposed to hoping it goes away. Someone was boasting a few months ago that keeping the number under 200,000 was a great achievement. That person was not Biden.
The fact that you of all people think this is organized and political makes any effort to have a discussion worthless.
You can bask in your ignorance,  poorly disguised partisanship, continue propagating the "steal" nonsense while pointing fingers at others. I'll leave you to it.

Quote: @"mblack" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"savannahskol" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:

Oh dear! Even you?
Maybe just maybe could this be due to the holiday gatherings that caused it to increase?. Measures don't work right away, they take time before the effects are seen.
At least someone is actually doing something as a opposed to hoping it goes away. Someone was boasting a few months ago that keeping the number under 200,000 was a great achievement. That person was not Biden.
The fact that you of all people think this is organized and political makes any effort to have a discussion worthless.
You can bask in your ignorance,  poorly disguised partisanship, continue propagating the "steal" nonsense while pointing fingers at others. I'll leave you to it.

The way the dems played this the whole year was political,   they fought trump no matter what came down the pipe.  They were never going to allow anybody to think he did anything right on this even if they suggested it first and he was fucking dumb enough half the time to take the opposite path himself regardless of right.

Listen to all the govs and mayors now wanting to open their cities back up for economic reasons despite their trends being worse now than they were months ago when they were still wanting more shut downs and regulations.   It's been political the whole way.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"mblack" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"savannahskol" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:

Oh dear! Even you?

The way the dems played this the whole year was political,   they fought trump no matter what came down the pipe.  They were never going to allow anybody to think he did anything right on this even if they suggested it first and he was fucking dumb enough half the time to take the opposite path himself regardless of right.

Listen to all the govs and mayors now wanting to open their cities back up for economic reasons despite their trends being worse now than they were months ago when they were still wanting more shut downs and regulations.   It's been political the whole way.
I am having a hard time understand what you mean by this. Your earlier post that I responded to mentioned three things and was loaded with inaccuracies. Let's break it down.
  1. And his supporters still think it wasn't organized and political. I am assuming this is the COVID outbreak. I don't agree with you (that is what I think you explained above) but let's leave that for now.
  2.  The "steal" started way way way before the election this year.  Care to explain what you mean by this? Every claim the Trump disciples have made (and lost) about "steal"  was shortly before, during or shortly after the elections. So you saying "way way" before is like breaking news.
  3. The libs and their puppeteers have been planting bullshit since before he was elected the first time. Are we going to do this again? I refer you to what the Intel community said for a start.  

So which of the three is "this"? And what about the other two sweeping falsehoods you made (which invited my response)?
I hope you see why it is very hard to have a conversation.

Quote: @"mblack" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"mblack" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"savannahskol" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:

Oh dear! Even you?

I am having a hard time understand what you mean by this. Your earlier post that I responded to mentioned three things and was loaded with inaccuracies. Let's break it down.
  1. And his supporters still think it wasn't organized and political. I am assuming this is the COVID outbreak. I don't agree with you (that is what I think you explained above) but let's leave that for now.
  2.  The "steal" started way way way before the election this year.  Care to explain what you mean by this? Every claim the Trump disciples have made (and lost) about "steal"  was shortly before, during or shortly after the elections. So you saying "way way" before is like breaking news.
  3. The libs and their puppeteers have been planting bullshit since before he was elected the first time. Are we going to do this again? I refer you to what the Intel community said for a start.  

So which of the three is "this"? And what about the other two sweeping falsehoods you made (which invited my response)?
I hope you see why it is very hard to have a conversation.

Indeed it is.  Won't matter what I put up you will dismiss it so again I ask whats the point of this board when neither side wants to ever concede that they may not see it right or that the other side may have a point or position.  We could go back,  incipient by incident over the last 4 years and you wouldn't budge an inch...no matter what I put up,  so yes its very hard to have a conversation and thus it pointless to try...so instead let's just keep taking shots and making smart ass backhanded jabs.