Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In case anyone was wondering...
This is what a National Covid-19 Plan & Strategy looks and feels like...

I hope it works. I'd like to get back to normal, maybe some Viking games this Fall??

Released today:

Accelerates manufacturing and delivery of supplies for vaccination, testing and Personal Protective Equipment
Directs FEMA to expand reimbursement to states to fully cover the cost for National Guard personnel and emergency supplies
Establishes the Pandemic Testing Board to expand US coronavirus testing capacity
Establishes a preclinical program to boost development of therapeutics in response to pandemic threats
Enhances the nation's collection, production, sharing and analysis of coronavirus data
Directs FEMA to create federally-supported community vaccination centers
Directs the Department of Education and HHS to provide guidance for safely reopening and operating schools, childcare providers and institutions of higher education
Calls on the Occupational Safety and Health Administration to release clear guidance on Covid-19, decide whether to establish emergency temporary standards, and directs OSHA to enforce worker health and safety requirements
Creates the Covid-19 Health Equity Task Force to help ensure an equitable pandemic response and recovery
A presidential directive to restore America's leadership, support the international pandemic response effort, promote resilience for future threats and advance global health security and the Global Health Security Agenda

https://www.whitehouse.gov

Oh, and Fauci is back from the dead too... :p

I wasn't.  (wondering)  I've seen it before.  

Joe Biden's 7-Point Coronavirus Plan Mirrors Trump's (breitbart.com)

The plan in reality is pretty basic stuff, but we'll take it.  The win for the country is that this is a priority over election results, it feels more transparent, it's driven by science. 

At the run-rate of vaccinations now, we'd be waiting till 7/22 to reach herd immunity levels. Thats a long, long time and > deaths. 

Big question is whether they can execute against even this? We really need the J&J 1 shot to have high efficacy and be available in large doses. The Pfizer and Moderna 2 shots wont be enough to get it done and they are difficult to execute. 

Fauci thinks we "could" get to 85% vaccinated by fall and that my friends is herd immunity. 

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:

At his presser Fauci looked like a kid on the first day of summer break.

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:

At his presser Fauci looked like a kid on the first day of summer break.
That's because he's back sitting at the adult table....

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
The plan in reality is pretty basic stuff, but we'll take it.  The win for the country is that this is a priority over election results, it feels more transparent, it's driven by science. 

At the run-rate of vaccinations now, we'd be waiting till 7/22 to reach herd immunity levels. Thats a long, long time and > deaths. 

Big question is whether they can execute against even this? We really need the J&J 1 shot to have high efficacy and be available in large doses. The Pfizer and Moderna 2 shots wont be enough to get it done and they are difficult to execute. 

Fauci thinks we "could" get to 85% vaccinated by fall and that my friends is herd immunity. 
I sure hope so. Now can we take half the money we spend on missiles and put that into cyber warfare and infectious disease programs?

Quote: @"savannahskol" said:
I wasn't.  (wondering)  I've seen it before.  

Joe Biden's 7-Point Coronavirus Plan Mirrors Trump's (breitbart.com)
Do you read much besides Breitbart?

I noticed it’s your favorite source when you’re really desperate for confirmation bias.  

Is "no mask/no social-distancing" part of the Biden plan?
As well as illegal? Per his own XO edict? 
"Wearing masks isn't a partisan issue — it's a patriotic act that can save countless lives. That's why I signed an executive order today issuing a mask mandate on federal property. It's time to mask up, America."
— President Biden (@POTUS) January 21, 2021

[Image: Biden-Family-at-Lincolm-Memorial-Without...40x480.jpg]

And all the hugging?  Dont they know that's anti-science?
https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/lockdown-rules-likely-ignored-vaccine-rollout-b900242.html

"Britons should not hug their children even once they’ve been vaccinated, an expert has stressed, amid warnings that millions are likely to begin ignoring coronavirus lockdown rules once they have had the jab.
Scientists have expressed concern that recipients of a Covid-19 vaccine will feel more relaxed about social distancing, which could “offset” the benefits of the national vaccination programme."

I think you are allowed to go massless with your "POD", that's his family that he has been with in the same household.  Move along nothing to see here. 

Quote: @"BigAl99" said:
I think you are allowed to go massless with your "POD", that's his family that he has been with in the same household.  Move along nothing to see here. 
isnt the lincoln memorial federal ground?  or is this another do as I say not as I do thing?