Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anthony Harris
Amazing anyone on the backend looked ok with the disaster that was the front 7.

Quote: @"Purplewhizz" said:
One year wonder.  Thank god they didn’t sign him to a long term contract but they really screwed up not drafting a safety last year
Kinda screwed up not trading Harris last offseason, especially if rumors the Browns offered a 3rd for him are true.

Regardless, next year if he is gone the team will be listing his departure as a reason for some disappointments on defense.

Quote: @"Jor-El" said:
@"Purplewhizz" said:
One year wonder.  Thank god they didn’t sign him to a long term contract but they really screwed up not drafting a safety last year
Kinda screwed up not trading Harris last offseason, especially if rumors the Browns offered a 3rd for him are true.

Regardless, next year if he is gone the team will be listing his departure as a reason for some disappointments on defense.
Yep. I was someone who wanted to trade Harris because I didnt feel good about resigning him after this year given his age and our cap space. But, hindsight is 2020 (Pun fully intended here).

Yeah he had a down year, I believe the young corners, no pass rush, well diminished linebackers too, I guess it's a team sport.  He had the 3rd most tackles, Wilson(122), Kendricks(107) then Harris(104), Smith(89), no interceptions, he was covering a lot ground out there all season.  

Quote: @"BigAl99" said:
Yeah he had a down year, I believe the young corners, no pass rush, well diminished linebackers too, I guess it's a team sport.  He had the 3rd most tackles, Wilson(122), Kendricks(107) then Harris(104), Smith(89), no interceptions, he was covering a lot ground out there all season.  
I wonder how much of the optimism for our corners should be attributed to our safeties running their asses off and how much pessimism for Harry and  Ant is unwarranted or at least mis understood?

If it wouldn't make me sick I would be interested in watching the coaches films from the games to really get a perspective on who was being asked to do what on any given play.  TV rarely gives us a perspective of what the game is really like.