Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seems obvious Vikings are on the Cousins train
Quote: @"AGRforever" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:
If he gets better protection and if they move forward to a more modern offense. They have to take off the training wheels and let it rip, otherwise they won't progress. 
We were 14th in passing and 5th in rushing this year.  

We were also 4th in total offense. We were only 16 yards per game behind the top team in Kansas City.

Cousis and the offense didnt screw the pooch this year. If Zimmer is to remain coach he needs to figure out WTF went wrong on defense and fix it. The offense is playing at a playoff caliber level. 
 The offense is playing at a playoff PRETENDER level until they shore up pass protection...which we're been saying for a decade, now.

Quote: @"Zanary" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:
If he gets better protection and if they move forward to a more modern offense. They have to take off the training wheels and let it rip, otherwise they won't progress. 

We were also 4th in total offense. We were only 16 yards per game behind the top team in Kansas City.

Cousis and the offense didnt screw the pooch this year. If Zimmer is to remain coach he needs to figure out WTF went wrong on defense and fix it. The offense is playing at a playoff caliber level. 
 The offense is playing at a playoff PRETENDER level until they shore up pass protection...which we're been saying for a decade, now.
Good point and I agree.  All the years that the stats for our D were Top 5 did we ever really dominate consistently?  It seemed to me that our Defense folded at the most important times and we seemed to lose games against backup QB's even with great stats.

Some of Cousins stats are from 4th quarter garbage time in loses.  I don't remember our Offense carrying us to any one big victory this year when it counted or was a winning team.  Bottom line for me, the stat that matters most is W/L's.  

All that said, I am not anti-Cousins.  As I have always believed he is a top 3rd QB that could maybe win a SB with all the other pieces from all 4 phases of the game - Off, Def, ST, and coaching.

Zimmers teams for 7 seasons have been very inconsistent from game to game.  I have lost more faith in Zimmer then I have in Cousins.

Quote: @"minny65" said:
@"Zanary" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:

Good point and I agree.  All the years that the stats for our D were Top 5 did we ever really dominate consistently?  It seemed to me that our Defense folded at the most important times and we seemed to lose games against backup QB's even with great stats.

Some of Cousins stats are from 4th quarter garbage time in loses.  I don't remember our Offense carrying us to any one big victory this year when it counted or was a winning team.  Bottom line for me, the stat that matters most is W/L's.  

All that said, I am not anti-Cousins.  As I have always believed he is a top 3rd QB that could maybe win a SB with all the other pieces from all 4 phases of the game - Off, Def, ST, and coaching.

Zimmers teams for 7 seasons have been very inconsistent from game to game.  I have lost more faith in Zimmer then I have in Cousins.
I'd add to this that our defense is (usually) the opposite of Seattle's this season: they give up a ton of yards/points...but make THE ONE PLAY that seals the game.  Our defense makes a few plays, but keeps giving up big plays.  The one exception is how we beat the Packers.