Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So who's your #2 favorite Viking Rook this season?
I think it's Cleveland because it means one less draft pick we have to worry about with an already awful OL. Dantzler was awesome this year, but with us already having to plan on drafting replacements for Reiff and Dozier, Cleveland showing some strength provides a little more comfort in an area that is our biggest weakness.

Quote: @minny65 said:
Cleveland and we need another OL this draft.  It starts and ends on the lines and both of ours are not good enough for playoff football even when Hunter is back and the unknown Pierce.  
We were a game away with second, third at fourth string guys manning the D line. 

Seeing Dantzler’s confidence grow along with his play was the my hilight of the season.  He shows me a tough mind, short memory and what I do next attitude.  

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
@minny65 said:
Cleveland and we need another OL this draft.  It starts and ends on the lines and both of ours are not good enough for playoff football even when Hunter is back and the unknown Pierce.  
We were a game away with second, third at fourth string guys manning the D line. 
Wonderful.

They did have a very good rookie class with Jefferson already a star and guys like Gladney, Dantzler, Cleveland, Wonnum, and Dye all looking they will be contributors going forward. I think that Dantzler was the second most impressive rookie to me. He was arguably our best corner out of the gate and he continued to get better and more confident as the season went on and it was nice to see them develop a 3rd round corner after burning so many 1st and 2nd rounders on them in recent years. I still have concerns about his durability, so hopefully he can make a big jump in reshaping his body. My third most impressive rookie would be Wonnum. He was very good at points during the season, but seemed to disappear later in the season. I am not sure what his ceiling is, but he's at least a nice rotational player and has the potential to be more.

how many of those rookies would have contributed if it werent for injury and being forced into playing early?   

I say Cleveland since he was supposed to be a LT and ends up kicking inside at RG and played pretty damn good IMO.