Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So who's your #2 favorite Viking Rook this season?
Dantzler?
Cleveland
Gladney?
Wonnum
Other

Cleveland

I think I'll put in some different criteria...

Biggest impact: Cleveland. O'Neill, Bradbury and Cleveland have had some ups and downs--and they're all still very young--but I'd say this marks the 3rd hit in a row for highly drafted OL. That's a good sign.

Highest upside: Dantzler. Give him another year and a few lbs, watch out. He and Gladney should be our starting CBs for years. 

Most surprising: Wonnum. Totally off my radar before the draft. Might have a future. Gotta give Dre Patterson kudos on this one. 

Honorable mentions: Troy Dye. I think Dye is a starter next season. Already pretty good in coverage, give him another 5-10 lbs and we could have a 3-down LB. Harry Hand. He's flashed here and there.

Most disappointing: Gotta go with Gladney. He'll be fine, but he was all over the place. Wildly inconsistent. Probably about what you expect from a late 1st rounder, but not quite what you hope for. 

Hey, who the hell gave you permission to build on this thread in a positive way??? 

Huh?

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
Hey, who the hell gave you permission to build on this thread in a positive way??? 

Huh?
Ha! I think even Doug and Wendy Whiner would agree that this was a pretty good draft class. 

With the highest degree of difficulty, hold me closer...

Dantzler. Let us give thanks for crappy combine 40's.

Cleveland and we need another OL this draft.  It starts and ends on the lines and both of ours are not good enough for playoff football even when Hunter is back and the unknown Pierce.  

I’ll say Dantzler but man what a class. Kudos to RS and everyone involved for coaching the rooks up. Another class like that, plus some good fortune with health, and it’s very possible the “run it back”/“stick to the status quo” faithful fans will be proven right. 

Dantzler. He's going to make a nice jump with a full round of OTAs, training camp and preseason games.