Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stefan Diggs is the best WR in the NFL
There is no arguing---he is a great wr but there is more to team than one player 

Cousins didn't have the protection to consistently get the ball downfield leading to us utilizing a running to set up the pass philosophy.   

Quote: @"Akvike" said:
There is no arguing---he is a great wr but there is more to team than one player 

Cousins didn't have the protection to consistently get the ball downfield leading to us utilizing a running to set up the pass philosophy.   
That protection issue has been known for three freaking years. I am sure when it finally gets fixed we would not have a decent QB or WRs.  We would have a great RB though

I remember a year ago when Diggs wasn't even the best WR on the Vikes, lol. 

I love Diggs.  He wanted out.  Rick got a massive haul, from another conference.  

Presently....1A Diggs, 1A- (cuz he's fudge) Adams,  2AAA DK Metcalf, 2AB Hopkins.  

And if I'm starting a team and I have any of the 4 above available.... gimme DK Metcalf.  Hybrid Moss/Megatron 

Quote: @"savannahskol" said:

I love Diggs.  He wanted out.  Rick got a massive haul, from another conference.  

Presently....1A Diggs, 1A- (cuz he's fudge) Adams,  2AAA DK Metcalf, 2AB Hopkins.  

And if I'm starting a team and I have any of the 4 above available.... gimme DK Metcalf.  Hybrid Moss/Megatron 
I thought I was taking the SAT's again and it's been almost 40 years

Quote: @"minny65" said:
@"savannahskol" said:

I thought I was taking the SAT's again and it's been almost 40 years
[Image: PyPk.gif]

DK Metcalf is just a stud...Hard worker, sweats the details. Dude is just scratching the surface too. What a pick by the Hags. 

Related to the thread...

I can't remember seeing such a progressive jump and 3 year development plan from what I have seen from Josh Allen and the Bills this year.  What the Bills organization has done with Josh Allen has been excellent from top to bottom. New GM (Beane), new coach (McDermott), OC - Daboll, QB coach -Dorsey  and even personal QB coach referenced below, Jordan Palmer.  

I would like the Wilf's to move to this model.  New GM, who hires new HC and has laser focus on drafting and developing a QB.  I think this upcoming draft with it's depth at QB is the ideal year to start a top down rebuild.  Rebuilds with teams with existing talent (which I think we have) can only take 2 years if all goes well and you get that right QB (Mahomes).  Bills rebuild is in year 3 with Allen.  

I am ready for a rebuild.  I think we are behind the times from the front office to HC.  

From recent Pat McAfee show:
Bills quarterback Josh Allen's accuracy issues have been a narrative since before he was even drafted in 2018. 
Allen was at 52.8% in his rookie year, 58.8% in his second year and has seen a jump to 68.8% this season. 
In an interview on the Pat McAfee Show on Friday, Allen talked about the process of having his mechanics "digitally mapped" during the offseason with his personal quarterback coach, Jordan Palmer. The process allowed Allen to get a sense of how his throwing motion correlates to accuracy and power. Allen has one of the strongest arms in the NFL. The mechanics study has helped harness that power, but Allen said the improved mechanics have actually increased his velocity, too. 

From before this season:
Allen now has a legit number-one receiver in Stefon Diggs, another year of chemistry with John Brown and Cole Beasley, an improving Devin Singletary, and the entire offensive line from last year returns in 2020. All of that while remaining in Brian Daboll’s offense since his rookie year, which is a type of continuity that players like Darnold or Mayfield haven’t been able to enjoy since they came into the league. With all of those factors, I don’t believe it’s crazy for Allen to get to at least 60% completion percentage, with close to 30 touchdown passes. It also isn’t crazy to say that with Allen improving and the team around him, a deep playoff run is possible. Ultimately, improvement for Allen this season will be measured in terms of personal growth, but also with team growth and team success.

What is improvement for Josh Allen in year three? - Buffalo Rumblings

From Bleacher Report back in October:
After struggling to complete passes of 20-plus yards as a rookie (30 in 12 games, 29th in the league) and last year (47 in 16 games, 14th), he already has 22 through five games this season, fourth-best in the league and putting him on pace for 70 over 16 games. Pro Football Reference shows his "bad-pass percentage" decreasing from 25.7 to 20.3 to 12.5 over the three seasons. 
Even his biggest haters, the football analytics crowd, have changed their tune and recognized his giant leap. 
Two of the scouts pointed out that Allen needed to go through a maturation process, which he seems to have done since last season.
"There is an adage that you can't fix accuracy or throwing mechanics on QBs," says one West Coast area scout. "There are glaring examples that prove and disprove this theory, but overall, I'm more inclined to agree with the unfixable-throwing-mechanics part than with the accuracy part. With improvements in footwork, and greater calm in the pocket, accuracy can be improved." 
In two seasons as the starter at Wyoming, Allen's completion percentages were 56.0 and 56.3 (albeit without the benefit of the popular collegiate spread offense that pads passing numbers with screen passes).
"Accuracy was his knock coming out, but he was a top-15 pick getting off the bus, too," says the West Coast scout, referring to Allen's physical build (6'5", 237 lbs.).
Allen's physical traits—rare arm strength, impressive size and an ability to run—meant that his less-than-impressive production in college wasn't a huge concern. His elite traits ensured he'd be a high draft pick and worth taking a chance on, similar to Mahomes and Jackson (also drafted because of athletic traits and not because they seemed most ready for an NFL-style offense). 
In the 2018 draft, there were two "NFL-ready" QBs who bracketed Allen at No. 7: Sam Darnold at No. 3 and Josh Rosen at No. 10. With Mahomes, Jackson and Allen having proven better picks than Darnold and Rosen, are teams changing the way they think about drafting quarterbacks? Will the physical traits take precedent over college production and NFL "readiness?"
The scouts had mixed reviews on this question. 
"I think it has [changed] already," says the scout whose team drafted a quarterback in Allen's year. "The true pocket passer is not desired truly. College offensive lines aren't taught to block like they did in the past with all of the spread offense and such, and you need to be able to move to be effective. There are exceptions, but [the pocket passer] is not ideal anymore I don't think." 

I heard that interview on the Pat McAfee show. I really like that show. Great stuff there @minny65. It makes sense to use the individual tools to help the qb improve.