Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This draft pick
QB

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
Vikings currently sit at 14. But with three games remaining it looks like the Vikings can pick as low as 22, but are still in the running to pick as high as 4.
In 2020:
3 teams finished 8/8 and picked 17-19
6 teams finished 7/9 and picked 11-16
2 teams finished 6/10 and picked 9-10

winning or losing by just 2 games can be a HUGE SWING in draft sequencing. 

I know we've got lots of players, coaches who really deserve a playoff game in such a tough year to operate.

As a fan, I just dont feel this is the team to do much with that game. They'd be better off in the long run getting a higher draft pick and hopefully doing well with it. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@MaroonBells said:
Vikings currently sit at 14. But with three games remaining it looks like the Vikings can pick as low as 22, but are still in the running to pick as high as 4.
In 2020:
3 teams finished 8/8 and picked 17-19
6 teams finished 7/9 and picked 11-16
2 teams finished 6/10 and picked 9-10

winning or losing by just 2 games can be a HUGE SWING in draft sequencing. 

I know we've got lots of players, coaches who really deserve a playoff game in such a tough year to operate.

As a fan, I just dont feel this is the team to do much with that game. They'd be better off in the long run getting a higher draft pick and hopefully doing well with it. 

I am not a believer in tanking and I don't think any coach thinks that way.  But as just a fan who is enamored by QB-Wilson (BYU) I would like to finish as close to the top 5-8 picks where I think Wilson would likely go right now.  Way too early to judge right now of course.  So if we end up with 7 wins and in the 9-13 range it will cost us a lot less draft picks to move up to grab him.

Hey @BarrNone55 you like my boy Daviyon Nixon? Kiper just bumped him to #10 overall prospect. He's been an absolute monster for the Hawks this year after not really playing a whole lot last year. If you want to see some athleticism, watch his return td vs Penn St

@StickyBun 

The Vikings love lineman who can run and I think Wyatt Davis will check those athletic boxes at the combine. He certainly fits the Vikings zone blocking scheme.

With that said, very few guards make it into the first round. The first true guard off the board last year was Damien Lewis at pick 69.

The 2021 class of interior lineman are much better and deeper than last year. 

I wouldn't be shocked if the Vikings picked Davis, but in this draft (above), I think I would take LT Christian Darrisaw and cut Rieff to get under the cap. If a blue chip LT is on the board... that needs to be the pick IMO.

We must get under the cap!!!

I do like Wyatt Davis and this is a good scouting report on the Big Ten lineman of the year.

https://www.nfl.com/news/scouting-wyatt-...d-decastro