Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
19 years ago today
What a needless death.  To die because your team is too ignorant to make sure you get enough water in the heat or notice you are having a problem.  It was criminal on the part of the team imo.

Quote: @"comet52" said:
What a needless death.  To die because your team is too ignorant to make sure you get enough water in the heat or notice you are having a problem.  It was criminal on the part of the team imo.
It certainly was avoidable. I know lots of rules and procedures changed after this tragedy. I believe the family did sue on a # of grounds, not sure how they faired monetarily?

Certainly not enough to make-up for the loss of a spouse and a dad. 

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
@"comet52" said:
It certainly was avoidable. I know lots of rules and procedures changed after this tragedy. I believe the family did sue on a # of grounds, not sure how they faired monetarily?

Certainly not enough to make-up for the loss of a spouse and a dad. 

The suit against the team was dismissed but his widow reached undisclosed settlements with the NFL and Riddell which was the maker of the equipment he wore.