Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Waynes to the Bungals
Hopefully they can keep Alexander or add another veteran corner. Hughes had a rough season ending with a neck injury and at least the new CBA should help Hill, though I'm not sure what his ceiling is. Corner will be an interesting position to watch. That unit did struggle last year & Rhodes was not the same player as before, but replacing Rhodes, Waynes, and maybe Alexander is tough to do all at once.

Congrats, Trae.  Use some of the cash to buy several large screen TV's.  You can't believe how great the playoffs look in HD!

Not a surprise at all. Not sure the team can resign both Griff and MacKenzie. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Not a surprise at all. Not sure the team can resign both Griff and MacKenzie. 
We have a potential and somewhat proven replacement in Odenigbo for Griff. Mac is going to be a little tougher. Hughes might be the guy, but I think he's more valuable outside. 

I actually liked Mac outside more than inside, but he’s become a solid slot guy and they often take time. Waynes is a good corner. Our system wasn’t always ideal for showing it. His tackling is excellent. The Bengals got a good player. 
However, $14m per was a no go for us. I hate to lose him, but we’ll have to make due with some youngsters. I’d really like to see a vet brought on board like they’ve done with guys like Newman in the past. I’d feel much better with a veteran presence. I’d think Waynes will bring great comp pick return.

FA CB Trae Waynes  3-year, $42M deal, source said. He gets $20M in the first year and averages $14M.

Seriously?

I'm happy with the comp  pick.....