Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Doesn't Sound Like Cousins Is Interested In A Hometown Discount
Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
@mblack said:
Trade up and draft a QB and surround him with talent especially on the OL
Who would you target in this scenario? 
IF these are the consensus top QBs (I understand there may be a sleeper somewhere) I would imagine we would be able to draft one of them from 4-7. Three QBs will most probably be gone by pick 10. Our first challenge comes around pick 13 with the Colts then Tampa (assuming the current draft order)
1. Joe Burrow, LSU (rSR, 6'3", 221 pounds)2. Tua Tagovailoa, Alabama (JR, 6'0", 217 pounds)3. Justin Herbert, Oregon (SR, 6'6", 236 pounds)4. Jordan Love, Utah State (rJR, 6'4", 224 pounds)5. Jacob Eason, Washington (rJR, 6'6", 231 pounds)6. Jake Fromm, Georgia (JR, 6'2", 219 pounds)7. Jalen Hurts, Oklahoma (SR, 6'1", 222 pounds)

@mblack ok, if we trade our 1st, 2nd, and both 3rd rounders, we could maybe get to the Raiders pick. It's quite possible that the top 3 QBs are gone. You can choose between Love and Eason. With all the holes on the team, that's not a great return on the draft capital investment.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/d..._value.htm

Quote: @mblack said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
@mblack said:
Trade up and draft a QB and surround him with talent especially on the OL
Who would you target in this scenario? 
IF these are the consensus top QBs (I understand there may be a sleeper somewhere) I would imagine we would be able to draft one of them from 4-7. Three QBs will most probably be gone by pick 10. Our first challenge comes around pick 13 with the Colts then Tampa (assuming the current draft order)
1. Joe Burrow, LSU (rSR, 6'3", 221 pounds)2. Tua Tagovailoa, Alabama (JR, 6'0", 217 pounds)3. Justin Herbert, Oregon (SR, 6'6", 236 pounds)4. Jordan Love, Utah State (rJR, 6'4", 224 pounds)5. Jacob Eason, Washington (rJR, 6'6", 231 pounds)6. Jake Fromm, Georgia (JR, 6'2", 219 pounds)7. Jalen Hurts, Oklahoma (SR, 6'1", 222 pounds)
if Hurts is there at the end of the 3rd... I might take a swing.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
@mblack ok, if we trade our 1st, 2nd, and both 3rd rounders, we could maybe get to the Raiders pick. It's quite possible that the top 3 QBs are gone. You can choose between Love and Eason. With all the holes on the team, that's not a great return on the draft capital investment.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/d..._value.htm
Thanks! I was thinking more from #4 and beyond for the same reason you stated (any higher picks would cost too much).