Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Doesn't Sound Like Cousins Is Interested In A Hometown Discount

The guy has made like 78M over the past three years, and about 98M over the past 4.   How much is enough?  I would hope that he would take a little less to help surround himself with more talent,  to have a decent defense, and a better chance of winning.   Will be interesting to see if he asks for another fully guaranteed contract, or if the Vikes give it to him.

Brady never took a deal anywhere near his worth...maybe Kirk can check his ego and put the team first and get us a Lombardi...

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Brady never took a deal anywhere near his worth...maybe Kirk can check his ego and put the team first and get us a Lombardi...
One of the reasons why he is the GOAT.

It's a business. I want him to take a discount but if he doesn't and an agreement isn't reached, they have to look at plan B.

all the more reason to draft a rookie this  year.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Agreed.  Brady has made like 68M over the past 4 years, (according to spotrac) well below his worth.  It’s crazy to think Cousins has made about 30M more over that same time period.   At some point I want to see Kirk sacrifice some $$ for the good of the team, with the goal of a championship.   If he and his agent are just going to try extract top of the market $$ and as much guaranteed money as possible I don’t see how that puts The team in the best position to win a SB.

I wasn't a fan of a fully guaranteed contract in the first place. I wonder how the other owners felt about it?
If he gets a fully guaranteed extension, my guess is, it will be short term.

Sounds like the OL is good enough as is then for old Captain Kirk...  Confused 

yeah, ^^^^ hard to spend all the money you make when youre in traction