Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Democrat debate
Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"PSBLAKE" said:
Klobachar just quit too and endorsed Biden. The DNC is getting its candidates to fall on the sword for Biden to stop Sanders. 
I read last week that if Bloomberg didnt start getting more love from the DNC that he was going to drop out of the dem race and re enter as a 3rd party candidate... he just really wants to be on the ballot against Trump and doesnt really care how he gets there.
He'll entertain it and he might run as a 3rd party candidate for awhile, but in the end, I think Bloomberg drops out and supports the Democrat. From everything he's said, I'd say his desire to be president isn't as great as his desire to see Trump removed. And if he continues a run, it would split much of the D vote and almost guarantee a Trump reelection. 
He entered to stop Bernie not Trump. He’ll save $3B in taxes by not getting Berned. Now that Biden is the chosen puppet there is no need to keep spending. 

Quote: @"AGRforever" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"PSBLAKE" said:
Klobachar just quit too and endorsed Biden. The DNC is getting its candidates to fall on the sword for Biden to stop Sanders. 
I read last week that if Bloomberg didnt start getting more love from the DNC that he was going to drop out of the dem race and re enter as a 3rd party candidate... he just really wants to be on the ballot against Trump and doesnt really care how he gets there.
He'll entertain it and he might run as a 3rd party candidate for awhile, but in the end, I think Bloomberg drops out and supports the Democrat. From everything he's said, I'd say his desire to be president isn't as great as his desire to see Trump removed. And if he continues a run, it would split much of the D vote and almost guarantee a Trump reelection. 
He entered to stop Bernie not Trump. He’ll save $3B in taxes by not getting Berned. Now that Biden is the chosen puppet there is no need to keep spending. 
He entered to stop Trump. If he entered to stop Bernie, he'd still be in the race. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"PSBLAKE" said:
He entered to stop Trump. If he entered to stop Bernie, he'd still be in the race. 
That's how I see it too.  His money has likely been doing pretty good under Trump,  if he really just wanted Bernie out he wouldn't have come out of the gates going after Trunp l I'l left he did,  he would have targeted more of his efforts against Bernies ideas IMO.  

I think him and Trump have a grade school country club feud going on...maybe Bloomberg saw Melania first and called dibs?

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"PSBLAKE" said:
That's how I see it too.  His money has likely been doing pretty good under Trump,  if he really just wanted Bernie out he wouldn't have come out of the gates going after Trunp l I'l left he did,  he would have targeted more of his efforts against Bernies ideas IMO.  

I think him and Trump have a grade school country club feud going on...maybe Bloomberg saw Melania first and called dibs?

It's more than a country club feud. I think it's a true disdain of values.  Not sure what Bloomberg's personal bio is, but his business dealing are a bit more on the up and up.  He hasn't relied on the Deutsche Bank to prop him up, Bloomberg can still raise American capital.  It think it more a personal disdain for what Trump has done.

Quote: @"BigAl99" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"PSBLAKE" said:

It's more than a country club feud. I think it's a true disdain of values.  Not sure what Bloomberg's personal bio is, but his business dealing are a bit more on the up and up.  He hasn't relied on the Deutsche Bank to prop him up, Bloomberg can still raise American capital.  It think it more a personal disdain for what Trump has done.
if its on values that could get real ugly... i dont know to many people that really want to get into a battle that nasty.  I am sure Trump has more skeletons in his closet, but I doubt many would be willing to openly have their closets exposed for the world to see and if Bloomberg goes there I have zero doubt that Trump wouldnt follow... or even lead the way.  I am pretty sure by november I am going to be so nauseated with the campaign filth that I wont even turn on a tv or radio.

and there it is folks.   Pocahontas has dropped out.    Is that it or is Tulsi still hanging in there?  Either way,  its a 2 man race so let the real mud fly!

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"BigAl99" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"PSBLAKE" said:

if its on values that could get real ugly... i dont know to many people that really want to get into a battle that nasty.  I am sure Trump has more skeletons in his closet, but I doubt many would be willing to openly have their closets exposed for the world to see and if Bloomberg goes there I have zero doubt that Trump wouldnt follow... or even lead the way.  I am pretty sure by november I am going to be so nauseated with the campaign filth that I wont even turn on a tv or radio.
Yeah, ethics and morality are lost causes in this cycle.  There is a duality of standards, any imperfection by one candidate justifies any transgression by the other.  The strategy of conflating half truths with complete justification of your actions has been taken to a new level.  Luntz is the modern analog of Goebbels, add instant and anonymous communication, here we are.

Quote: @"BigAl99" said:
Yeah, ethics and morality are lost causes in this cycle.  There is a duality of standards, any imperfection by one candidate justifies any transgression by the other.  The strategy of conflating half truths with complete justification of your actions has been taken to a new level.  Luntz is the modern analog of Goebbels, add instant and anonymous communication, here we are.
The fact that liberals are so comfortable comparing everyone that they disagree with- to Nazis- pretty much says it all, doesn't it?  Seems like Matthews got in trouble for that (and he wasn't even comparing anyone to Nazis, he was just saying that the overwhelming sense of loss was like that experienced by those who were suddenly and unexpectedly defeated by the Nazis).  But since he wasn't using that analogy against a conservative, he was attacked for using it.

Quote: @"pumpf" said:
@"BigAl99" said:
The fact that liberals are so comfortable comparing everyone that they disagree with- to Nazis- pretty much says it all, doesn't it?  Seems like Matthews got in trouble for that (and he wasn't even comparing anyone to Nazis, he was just saying that the overwhelming sense of loss was like that experienced by those who were suddenly and unexpectedly defeated by the Nazis).  But since he wasn't using that analogy against a conservative, he was attacked for using it.
not all liberals

What I am finding really goofy is how many people on my Facebook are now using Bloomberg as a self-fulfilling prophecy on the 1% being too rich. Funny how with each passing report on how much more money the guy was investing into his campaign people actually got excited... about winning. Nobody said shit about how much money he was "wasting" until he dropped out...

Dems should suspend all campaign rallies and demand the election be postponed over the CoronaVirus. And once the inauguration date passes, pound the friggen table claiming Trump legally is no longer the president because he wasn't elected for a 2nd term!  :#