Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Could The Vikings Trade Diggs This Offseason?
Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
I don't understand how Diggs antics are automatically classified as "toxic" and "unnecessary". Did nobody see the Broncos game where his antics single handily got the team amped up and back in the game? Obviously there are some examples that come off as more negative, but nobody knows what was said in those conversations. 
And did anyone notice how raptly Diggs was staring at Cousins as he gave his You Like That? speech after the Saints win?

The dude is passionate. High performers usually are. Amazon is not a fan of my volatility but they tolerate it because I'm an ass kicker. And I'm 49, people. Stefon is still a young man. 

And he's not even in the same zip code as the real divas like Ocho Stinko or TO. A lot of you would keel over in your seats if Minnesota had an actual cancer on their roster given how you all react to a serial social media over user.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
@MaroonBells Looks like we follow similar guys on the tweeter. What's your nandle good buddy.
Ha! That's not surprising. But I actually don't tweet. Been on the tweet machine for about a year and I have exactly zero tweets and 0 followers. I just got an account to read stuff.  I have been thinking about contributing though. If I do, I'll let you know. By the way, listened to a podcast this morning from our old friend Dave Te Thomas. Opinionated and unconventional as always....some takes...

Jordan Love is the best QB in the draft. Burrow is at best Tannehill, at worst, Bortles. Hurts will be playing in Canada. Herbert is Joey Harrington (he's been saying that for 2 years). Likes Tua a lot. Compares him to Steve Young. 

Stefon Diggs WR, Minnesota Vikings
[Image: 10380.jpg]
NFL Network's Tom Pelissero said it is currently a long shot for the Vikings to part ways with Stefon Diggs. Diggs has expressed frustration with the team, particularly with Kirk Cousins, but that doesn't mean the Vikings are done with him. Minnesota feels that they're close to a title, so trading their stud receiver away would essentially close out their championship window. Pelissero still expects teams to call the Vikings about a trade but notes things are unlikely to go anywhere at the momemnt. Things could change, especially if Diggs continues to drum up attention off the field in the next couple of months, but for now, Diggs is likely back in Minnesota as a WR2 in fantasy.
Source: Tom Pelissero on Twitter Feb 19, 2020, 2:16 PM ET

[Image: vbfkchduptn6.jpeg]

[Image: vbfkchduptn6.jpeg]
damn if that is not the truth

[Image: vaAU5_M9_normal.jpg]
Everything that was done in the dark is about to come to light...
2:24 PM - Feb 12, 2020

Maybe he's expecting a child.   (Heh Heh)

https://www.minnesotasportsfan.com/chad-...w-thielen/

Chad is on Twitter, here. Count him as someone who believes Stefon Diggs is trying to force his way out of Minnesota and isn’t sure how he, or anyone else, could take his antics any other way.
Greenway played with Diggs for 2 seasons and said in this same interview, that Stefon was a great guy on and off the field. He also noted that Diggs was always bought into the team when they played together and that he worked hard. Greenway also said what all of us already know… Stefon Diggs craves attention, a lot.
Stefon Diggs is also jealous of Adam Thielen. Greenway all but said that. Chad thinks Diggs is sick of hearing about “Thielen and Diggs, Thielen and Diggs” and wants to hear, “Diggs and…. everyone else”.

https://www.minnesotasportsfan.com/chad-...w-thielen/
Stefon Diggs is also jealous of Adam Thielen. Greenway all but said that. Chad thinks Diggs is sick of hearing about “Thielen and Diggs, Thielen and Diggs” and wants to hear, “Diggs and…. everyone else”.
The "jealous of Thielen" angle has really struck me as a very unbelievable angle of this overhyped "story", but...a lot of Diggs' messages suggest he wants to play around his native Maryland area, so could he be jealous of Thielen's unique fortune to be the hometown hero of his NFL team? I guess that could translate into, "Thielen gets more fan love and jersey sales just because he's a Minnesotan" - which is probably true but Thielen is hardly undeserving.
Diggs might be disappointed if he gets his wish because he may not realize how rare it is to have a Minnesota athlete who is truly among the best in one of the big 4 pro leagues. We get about 1 per decade - Kevin McHale, Joe Mauer, Adam Thielen...more if you count hockey but I'm not sure Neal Broten or Zach Parise have the same mainstream recognition. I think there are far more pro athletes from the Maryland/DC area.