Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rebuilding The OL With The Current Roster
Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
elf was a hot mess in a burning dumpster at LG this year.   He was horribly inconsistent in pass pro and provided almost no push in runs between the tackles,   there are times when you cant zone run, and you just need to man up and move the guy across from you and Elf was unable to do that more often than not.   I would like to think it was due to him getting moved to a new position in once again a new scheme after his injuries from a couple years ago,  but I am not willing to bank on him at LG for 2020 and waste another year waiting for him to find a groove.
I am all in for the Vikings going after Joe Thuney in free agency. Aside from that I am not sure who would be a good draft pick to compete with Elf.

Shane Lemieux was a favorite of mine (and still is) but he is falling on draft boards.
Logan Stenberg is another option.
Netane Muti is highly thought of but has had some injuries.
Jonah Jackson could be a consideration.

Maybe there is a tackle they think would be better at guard?
Hakeem Adeniji
Ben Bartch
Ezra Cleveland

Lots of options but no sure things besides maybe an expensive Thuney

Quote: @"MarkSP18" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
elf was a hot mess in a burning dumpster at LG this year.   He was horribly inconsistent in pass pro and provided almost no push in runs between the tackles,   there are times when you cant zone run, and you just need to man up and move the guy across from you and Elf was unable to do that more often than not.   I would like to think it was due to him getting moved to a new position in once again a new scheme after his injuries from a couple years ago,  but I am not willing to bank on him at LG for 2020 and waste another year waiting for him to find a groove.
I am all in for the Vikings going after Joe Thuney in free agency. Aside from that I am not sure who would be a good draft pick to compete with Elf.

Shane Lemieux was a favorite of mine (and still is) but he is falling on draft boards.

Hakeem Adeniji
Ben Bartch
Ezra Cleveland

well if they dont improve the play from that position they should just as well quit now because we know that what we saw this year isnt going to cut it and Kirk is pretty worthless at dealing with pressure in his face and is thrown off his game when he isnt confident in the OL.  I dont care where or how,  but if they dont address the interior OL issues then they need to find somebody that can/will.   Shit trade Diggs for a LG and a mid round draft pick.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"MarkSP18" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:

Hakeem Adeniji
Ben Bartch
Ezra Cleveland

well if they dont improve the play from that position they should just as well quit now because we know that what we saw this year isnt going to cut it and Kirk is pretty worthless at dealing with pressure in his face and is thrown off his game when he isnt confident in the OL.  I dont care where or how,  but if they dont address the interior OL issues then they need to find somebody that can/will.   Shit trade Diggs for a LG and a mid round draft pick.
They need to create cap space and go all in on Joe Thuney.

Only 3 offensive linemen were on the field for 600+ snaps without committing a penalty in 2019

Marshal Yanda, Joe Thuney, Connor McGovern