Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where There's Smoke
Quote: @Watcher said:

I think it more likely that they would make Stefanski head coach and keep Kubiak in the same role he's in now.
And bring Shurmur back as OC?

Quote: @purpleloki said:
@Watcher said:

I think it more likely that they would make Stefanski head coach and keep Kubiak in the same role he's in now.
I think young kubiak would take the job.

Quote: @kmillard said:
@purpleloki said:
@Watcher said:

I think young kubiak would take the job.
Agreed. Pat has his own Offensive scheme. You bring him back and it's 3 systems in 3 years for the FA QB you went out and paid up to get. Spielman would look pretty dumb if KC floundered trying to learn yet another new Offense in the last year of his deal.

Of course there's fire. The fire is in Jerry's belly over Zimmer. I don't think there's any doubt about that.

The question is about whether Zimmer will be available. Win or lose Sunday, the Vikings would be fools for firing him when they could likely get a draft pick or two for him. The less they appear willing to lose Zimmer, the more they can get for him.

Is there a draft package that would be too tempting for the Vikings given how much they like Stefanski? Maybe so. And how do we know Mike isn't tired of Manny's and Minnetonkas? I would be surprised by that given how much he's got going on there, but I don't know what he thinks about Dallas and Jerry. Maybe he put a bug in Rick's ear, considering he's got to be fully aware how much the team wants to keep Stef. 

Quote: @pattersaur said:
Practically speaking, we'd need to keep Spielman around to make any trade of Zimmer happen right?
If that were to happen, I'm doubtful the Wilfs would turn around and fire Spielman a day later so that they can do a full rebuild. Maybe, but I doubt it. I think if a trade goes down then it means Spielman is safe... which I think I'm fine with.
A full rebuild is a couple years away, if it happens at all.