Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where There's Smoke

Not on board with this...

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
Not on board with this...
I would be shocked. 

I would not be shocked.

Use the Tampa/Gruden trade as a starting point - two firsts, two seconds, 8 million cash.   =)      There was also Jets paying Pats a 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th for Parcells who took Belichick with him to NY.     And finally Belichick himself left those Jets to go to NE for a 1st, 4th and 7th, with the Jets also giving NE a 5th and 7th.   However at the time his record was that of failing in Cleveland and being the worst podium curmudgeon in the NFL who alienated everyone including the fans, which remains true to this day except for NE fans.   So he didn't command a haul at the time but a 1st was still in the mix.  

Practically speaking, we'd need to keep Spielman around to make any trade of Zimmer happen right?
If that were to happen, I'm doubtful the Wilfs would turn around and fire Spielman a day later so that they can do a full rebuild. Maybe, but I doubt it. I think if a trade goes down then it means Spielman is safe... which I think I'm fine with.

I would not be surprised if the organization did not see something like this potentially coming down the pipe and its one of the reasons Kubiak was brought on board. I think if Zimmer decides he wants out to go to Dallas the organization has someone they can slide into that position who is a Super Bowl winning coach and has been successful in the past. I'm guessing Stefanski is a goner so it makes sense keeping the offensive system in place by handing the reigns over to Kubiak and not going through a complete overhaul.

With all this said, lets go kick New Orleans ass on Sunday!!!

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
I would not be surprised if the organization did not see something like this potentially coming down the pipe and its one of the reasons Kubiak was brought on board. I think if Zimmer decides he wants out to go to Dallas the organization has someone they can slide into that position who is a Super Bowl winning coach and has been successful in the past. I'm guessing Stefanski is a goner so it makes sense keeping the offensive system in place by handing the reigns over to Kubiak and not going through a complete overhaul.

If Kubiak hadn't repeatedly said he will not take another HC gig for health reasons, that might be possible.

Quote: @comet52 said:
@supafreak84 said:

If Kubiak hadn't repeatedly said he will not take another HC gig for health reasons, that might be possible.

I think it more likely that they would make Stefanski head coach and keep Kubiak in the same role he's in now.