Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Edwards on his way out??
Quote: @StickyBun said:
@MaroonBells said:
@purplefaithful said:
Its very rare to see D's dominate like the old days...Even watching SF a few times this year, there is only so much a team can do to limit all those RPO, Jet Sweep, Spread concepts Tyr mentions above. 

All of that said, I still believe the cornerstones of an NFL franchise still lie with LT, QB and RDE. How would we rate our beloved Vikings at these positions?

Then lets talk about 3t...Even the elite QB's dont handle the pressure up the middle like off the edge. How do we rate there?

The fact this team is going to end-up with 10 or 11 wins actually surprises me. Funny, it feels like 8/8 again this season.
It feels like that because we didn't show up for the Green Bay game. Remember, after the Chargers win, it was all puppies and giggles. MVP and extension talk for Cousins, 12-4, thoughts of maybe getting a bye, Vikings' power ranking was top 5 and they were 6-point favorites over the Packers...and they should've been. 

Everyone overreacts to both wins AND losses. Still, it's bizarre to think that this was literally 7 days ago. Now everything has changed. As it should I guess, because I have no explanation for what happened at USB a week ago tonight. 
No it wasn't. There were several posts, mine included, that said the win over the Chargers felt hollow and weird. 7 turnovers is why they won. Nothing has changed, what has remained the same is the Vikings don't beat good teams. You were one who thought we'd handle Green Bay, but you say that every week. Not trying to bag on you, I like your football knowledge, but you get a little too homer for me as far as how the team really is. You've overrated their talent. The team has won 8 games last year and 10 this year, that's what they are. The #6 seed in the NFC. 

Lol, it wasn't just MB.  I don't see him as a homer.  Most of the media (yes overreaction) that were banging the MVP drum for Cousins.  Our offense had arrived.  I thought we would handle GB, but we didn't. 

We have the talent to play with any team.  We went toe to toe with seattle in seattle, GB in their house.  We lost 4 division games, which is a sore spot, but we have a tough division right now, that is why we are only a 10 win team.  Shoot, if we beat NO, we may become the favorite in the media's eyes.

Quote: @greediron said:
@StickyBun said:
@MaroonBells said:
@purplefaithful said:
Its very rare to see D's dominate like the old days...Even watching SF a few times this year, there is only so much a team can do to limit all those RPO, Jet Sweep, Spread concepts Tyr mentions above. 

All of that said, I still believe the cornerstones of an NFL franchise still lie with LT, QB and RDE. How would we rate our beloved Vikings at these positions?

Then lets talk about 3t...Even the elite QB's dont handle the pressure up the middle like off the edge. How do we rate there?

The fact this team is going to end-up with 10 or 11 wins actually surprises me. Funny, it feels like 8/8 again this season.
It feels like that because we didn't show up for the Green Bay game. Remember, after the Chargers win, it was all puppies and giggles. MVP and extension talk for Cousins, 12-4, thoughts of maybe getting a bye, Vikings' power ranking was top 5 and they were 6-point favorites over the Packers...and they should've been. 

Everyone overreacts to both wins AND losses. Still, it's bizarre to think that this was literally 7 days ago. Now everything has changed. As it should I guess, because I have no explanation for what happened at USB a week ago tonight. 
No it wasn't. There were several posts, mine included, that said the win over the Chargers felt hollow and weird. 7 turnovers is why they won. Nothing has changed, what has remained the same is the Vikings don't beat good teams. You were one who thought we'd handle Green Bay, but you say that every week. Not trying to bag on you, I like your football knowledge, but you get a little too homer for me as far as how the team really is. You've overrated their talent. The team has won 8 games last year and 10 this year, that's what they are. The #6 seed in the NFC. 

Lol, it wasn't just MB.  I don't see him as a homer.  Most of the media (yes overreaction) that were banging the MVP drum for Cousins.  Our offense had arrived.  I thought we would handle GB, but we didn't. 

We have the talent to play with any team.  We went toe to toe with seattle in seattle, GB in their house.  We lost 4 division games, which is a sore spot, but we have a tough division right now, that is why we are only a 10 win team.  Shoot, if we beat NO, we may become the favorite in the media's eyes.
Ifs and buts, sir......kind of the mantra of Viking's fans. Time to shock the world and most Viking's fans with a win in New Orleans. 

We have the talent to beat about any team,  just not at the right positions for today's game.

@greediron said:
@StickyBun said:
@MaroonBells said:
@purplefaithful said:

Ifs and buts, sir......kind of the mantra of Viking's fans. Time to shock the world and most Viking's fans with a win in New Orleans. 
Hey, we are in the playoffs.  Let the fun begin.

@MaroonBells said:
@purplefaithful said:

Yes, I thought we'd handle Green Bay. 9 out of 10 experts did, too. So did Vegas. But I'm an idiot for predicting a win? LOL. Dude, I thought this was pretty obvious, but I guess you haven't noticed: I always predict a win. Always. What I really believe is in the body copy, but the score prediction is always Vikings. Why? Because, unlike you, I don't give a shit if I'm right or wrong. Try not to let it bother you so much. You're like a bipolar teenage girl. You get all giddy when we win and all Mr. "We suck and I told you we sucked" when we lose. It's dizzying. 

One more thing, who the hell cares if I'm a homer? Or if I'm "2 homer 4U". LOL. Do you know how ridiculous that sounds? Referring to internet posts? About a game? That none of us even participate in? If we lose to New Orleans, sure it will bother me...for about 24 hours. And then I'll start studying free agency and the draft and get excited for next year. Because it's fun. The whole process is fun. 

I'll give you a little preview: Vikings over Saints. Sue me. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:
@MaroonBells said:
@purplefaithful said:

Yes, I thought we'd handle Green Bay. 9 out of 10 experts did, too. So did Vegas. But I'm an idiot for predicting a win? LOL. Dude, I thought this was pretty obvious, but I guess you haven't noticed: I always predict a win. Always. What I really believe is in the body copy, but the score prediction is always Vikings. Why? Because, unlike you, I don't give a shit if I'm right or wrong. Try not to let it bother you so much. You're like a bipolar teenage girl. You get all giddy when we win and all Mr. "We suck and I told you we sucked" when we lose. It's dizzying. 

One more thing, who the hell cares if I'm a homer? Or if I'm "2 homer 4U". LOL. Do you know how ridiculous that sounds? Referring to internet posts? About a game? That none of us even participate in? If we lose to New Orleans, sure it will bother me...for about 24 hours. And then I'll start studying free agency and the draft and get excited for next year. Because it's fun. The whole process is fun. 

I'll give you a little preview: Vikings over Saints. Sue me. 

Sticky has a lot of football knowledge but I gotta say, Maroon you got the PHILOSOPHY!  This whole fan thing IS supposed to be fun.  Sometimes (myself included) we get carried away.  So it’s good to be reminded that we can lead a full life even if they lose.  Like Greed says—we’re in the playoffs!  Anything can happen. Let’s hop on the ride!