Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#6 seed is a tough road...
GB will not lose @ Detroit and Eagles won't lose to Giants...

I see us @ Eagles 1st rd. 

Just gotta win tonight 1st and foremost. 

Quote: @"Vikesrock" said:
Now, with Seattle losing, if Minnesota wins out, they can do no worse then the 5 seed.  If S.F. beats Seattle, Seattle will be 11-5, if Seattle beats S.F., Minnesota will have the tie breaker on San Fran.  The 1 and 4 seed are impossible for Minnesota.  To get the 2 seed, both Green Bay and New Orleans need to lose next week and of course Minnesota wins out.  If G.B. loses in week 17, Minnesota wins against Chicago, and New Orleans wins it's week 17 game, it's a rematch of the Monday night game in Minnesota as Minnesota will be the 3 seed and G.B. will be the 6 seed.
Humor me and imagine that the Vikings do not win out. I know that we will definitely be #6 if we finish 10-6, but are we also that if we end up 11-5?

So it sounds like the most likely situation is the 5 seed, putting us in Philly? Dangerous of course, but probably the worst team in the field. So can't complain about that. 

Fans are more dangerous than the team.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Fans are more dangerous than the team.
It would be very on brand for the Vikings to play the weakest team in the field in the playoffs and lose. 

True

Quote: @"Jor-El" said:
@"Vikesrock" said:
Now, with Seattle losing, if Minnesota wins out, they can do no worse then the 5 seed.  If S.F. beats Seattle, Seattle will be 11-5, if Seattle beats S.F., Minnesota will have the tie breaker on San Fran.  The 1 and 4 seed are impossible for Minnesota.  To get the 2 seed, both Green Bay and New Orleans need to lose next week and of course Minnesota wins out.  If G.B. loses in week 17, Minnesota wins against Chicago, and New Orleans wins it's week 17 game, it's a rematch of the Monday night game in Minnesota as Minnesota will be the 3 seed and G.B. will be the 6 seed.
Humor me and imagine that the Vikings do not win out. I know that we will definitely be #6 if we finish 10-6, but are we also that if we end up 11-5?

We are a 6 seed if we lose one of the two games.  Only two other teams can finish 11-5 now, and that is Seattle and Green Bay.  Both have tiebreakers on the Vikings at this point.  No other playoff team other then the Vikings can finish with less then 11 wins.

Quote: @"Vikesrock" said:
@"Jor-El" said:
@"Vikesrock" said:

We are a 6 seed if we lose one of the two games.  Only two other teams can finish 11-5 now, and that is Seattle and Green Bay.  Both have tiebreakers on the Vikings at this point.  No other playoff team other then the Vikings can finish with less then 11 wins.

Thanks!!
-----> No other playoff team other then the Vikings can finish with less then 11 wins.
Aside from the NFC East winner, that is..

Quote: @"Jor-El" said:
@"Vikesrock" said:
@"Jor-El" said:
@"Vikesrock" said:

Thanks!!
-----> No other playoff team other then the Vikings can finish with less then 11 wins.
Aside from the NFC East winner, that is..
Correct, I meant to fix that and then a squirrel or something ran by and I forgot to do it.  We lost now so we are the 6 seed.  Next week means nothing for us.