Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cook to miss last 2 games (?)
Boone, Abdullah and Ham. Is that enough? Did we bring anybody up? I've been on IR most this week. I'm a little behind the action.

Is it crazy to imagine Boone simply playing the part of Cook while Mattison spells on his usual schedule?

The question really is how different does the running game need to be schematically to feature Mattison vs Boone. If Green Bay is going to sell out against our run, do we want to spend all week in heavy sets attacking 9 man boxes with a power back or would we find more success shotgun spread and giving it to the shifty guy up the middle?

(I really don't know... we'll see on Monday though!) 

The beauty of the outside zone scheme Kubiak brought with him...  it doesn't need a special talent to be really good.

Anyone thinking there will be a huge drop off in our running game without Cook is underselling the talent of Mattison and Boone and overlooking the effectiveness of the scheme.

We'll be OK until Cook gets back.

Booooooooooooone

I have always liked the way Boone runs and was glad when we kept him. I don't expect much drop off in performance since everyone was loading the box for Cook. Surprise could be coming...

Mattison bumped up to QUESTIONABLE as he practiced today.