Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cook to miss last 2 games (?)
Vikings' Dalvin Cook might miss last two regular-season gamesThe standout running back might finish the regular season on the sidelines before returning in the playoffs.
By  Andrew Krammer Star TribuneDecember 20, 2019 — 1:00am
For the first time since suffering the initial chest injury Nov. 17 against the Broncos, Vikings running back Dalvin Cook did not practice Thursday while dealing with an additional injury to his left shoulder from Sunday’s victory over the Chargers.
Not only is Cook unlikely to play against the Packers on Monday night, a league source told the Star Tribune, but the Vikings are considering the possibility of not playing Cook in the regular-season finale against the Bears on Dec. 29. The Vikings would clinch an NFC wild-card berth with a 49ers win over the Rams on Saturday night or a win over either the Packers or Bears.
“It’s just about getting healthy,” Cook said when asked about playing through two injuries. “The pain and all that come with the game. You can bear so much, and you can do so much, but it’s all about being healthy. And I think that’s when I’m at my best for my team.”
Cook, a first-time Pro Bowl selection ranked third in the NFL with 1,654 yards from scrimmage, has capable backups in Alexander Mattison and Mike Boone. Mattison, the rookie drafted in the third round, also did not practice Thursday because of an ankle injury. The Vikings offense could be down to its No. 3 running back, Boone, against the Packers’ 24th-ranked run defense.
“We have a lot of confidence in Mike,” Zimmer said. “He’s done a good job, did a good job last week. Hopefully, we don’t need him.”
Cook clarified the new injury is to his left shoulder, separate from the reported right clavicle injury, according to NFL Media, suffered last month against Denver. The Vikings listed Cook with a chest injury on Thursday’s injury report.
After the eighth question Thursday about his injuries, Cook beckoned observers to look at the bright side.
“It’s just two different injuries,” Cook said. “It’s part of the game. It’s football. This ain’t the end of the world, y’all know that right? We’re still playing football. We’re winning. We won Sunday. I’ll be all right."
http://www.startribune.com/vikings-dalvi...566360992/

That's life in the NFL. Injuries happen. The team will probably be without Mattison also. Man up time. 

Should have kept Blazing Game™… with Ham' s ability to play both positions, we could be even deeper...I do not trust Abdullah to hold on to the ball...

Is what it is, everyone has injuries this time of year.  Hopefully the depth is sufficient.

Losing the Dalvin of the last couple weeks isn't the same as losing the Dalvin from the first 10 games of the season.  Boone has always ran hard and made explosive plays and he looked ready to play against the Chargers. 

If Mattison is ready to go, I think our running game will be just fine.  We'll miss the Dalvin from our first matchup, but our passing game is a heck of a lot more dangerous than it was in Week 2.  Add in some live legs in Boone and the Vikings should have a good shot to win.

I'm looking forward to this match up and I expect us to get a hard fought victory.

Quote: @Wetlander said:
Losing the Dalvin of the last couple weeks isn't the same as losing the Dalvin from the first 10 games of the season.  Boone has always ran hard and made explosive plays and he looked ready to play against the Chargers. 

If Mattison is ready to go, I think our running game will be just fine.  We'll miss the Dalvin from our first matchup, but our passing game is a heck of a lot more dangerous than it was in Week 2.  Add in some live legs in Boone and the Vikings should have a good shot to win.

I'm looking forward to this match up and I expect us to get a hard fought victory.
The offensive identity has been established, so time to rest Dalvin for the playoffs.  Hopefully he can get healthy and be a beast come January.
Mattison might be a better option against the Bears front 7 anyway.  More of a power runner against that aggressive front.

I don't trust Abdullah at all. Every time he touches the ball I'm worried. Boone I'm hopeful about, but the gap between Dalvin and anyone else, let alone a third string RB, is a lot wider than this message board would have people believe. I do appreciate everyone's optimism though.
Man I really do hope Boone can boom the Packers though. I'd love nothing more than to call this MNF game The Mike Boone Game in the years to come!

Boooooooone.

I had a debate with a gal on Facebook. She claimed that she talked to Cook the weekend of the Lions game and he told her that he had broken his shoulder 3 weeks ago. I've not seen that anywhere else though.

Quote: @Hidalgo said:
I had a debate with a gal on Facebook. She claimed that she talked to Cook the weekend of the Lions game and he told her that he had broken his shoulder 3 weeks ago. I've not seen that anywhere else though.
Well, he hurt his shoulder in the Broncos game and was listed on the injury report over the bye week with a "chest" injury...  he aggravated it again in the Seahawks game and then they played the Lions.  That syncs up with her story and timeline...