Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: I'm going to assume that none of these theorists are in MENSA
Quote: @pumpf said:
I don't know how many people are actually serious about believing it... but people are strange.
What I find interesting is that one of the smartest men of our generation (Hawking) has floated similarly "crazy" ideas (the multiverse, for one) but no one questions his MENSA credentials.  I wonder why it is that some theories (flat earth... or time-traveling propaganda props) are considered crazy... while others (multiverse... dark matter...) are- at the very least- considered worthy of speculation.   
Ummm, mostly because the Earth isn't flat. And there is nothing similar about the earth being flat / time travel with a theory about a multiverse. So thinking that Greta Thunberg traveled in time into the future is nuts. That picture is not Greta Thunberg. The Earth is not flat, period. So people that believe against obvious facts like the two mentioned are deluded and ridiculous. Using a straw man argument about Hawking is not only hilariously off but a reach of epic proportions. Hawking is a theoretical physicist and cosmologist and one of the smartest people on the planet, this is why his unproven theories are given at least a thoughtful review by his peers. I'm certain he is not wearing a T-shirt that says, 'Greta is a time traveler'. He has also been wrong on many things.

You are talking about proven scientific facts compared to high-level theory. Because we can't prove that a multiverse does not exist does not mean its truth or even possible. 

"Greta is from the future, and she's here to save us!" - random twitter user