Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: I'm going to assume that none of these theorists are in MENSA
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/121-year...35110.html

Sigh. This is an actual STORY on the front page of Yahoo.com. 

If anyone was a time traveler, it was George Orwell.

Fake news.  Ray Bradbury already did it... Wink

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ3hE-_za6ZH71pHdGgh-q...jH7WazBo&s]

Here's one I know is accurate:

[Image: latest?cb=20140722042217]

What a wonderful world... Confused

Willoughby next stop Willouhby!

Quote: @ThunderGod said:
Willoughby next stop Willouhby!

Watch the Netflix doc on flat earth if you really want to be disappointed in people... 

I don't know how many people are actually serious about believing it... but people are strange.
What I find interesting is that one of the smartest men of our generation (Hawking) has floated similarly "crazy" ideas (the multiverse, for one) but no one questions his MENSA credentials.  I wonder why it is that some theories (flat earth... or time-traveling propaganda props) are considered crazy... while others (multiverse... dark matter...) are- at the very least- considered worthy of speculation.   

Quote: @pumpf said:
I don't know how many people are actually serious about believing it... but people are strange.
What I find interesting is that one of the smartest men of our generation (Hawking) has floated similarly "crazy" ideas (the multiverse, for one) but no one questions his MENSA credentials.  I wonder why it is that some theories (flat earth... or time-traveling propaganda props) are considered crazy... while others (multiverse... dark matter...) are- at the very least- considered worthy of speculation.   
Because those people are highly educated minds that have an unquestioned understanding of physics; they posit theories, and welcome other scholars to challenge and pick them apart so as to eventually form a better understanding of the subject matter... the other side consists of religious zealots with YouTube accounts who don't follow the scientific method.

Same old argument as always, pumpf. "But I'm just asking questions!" Yeah, we know. Stick to football.