Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WWE or Steelers vs Brownies?
^^^ hard to tell as the video at full speed starts at the point he kinda twists Rudolph (16 seconds in) then the camera pans away to the sidelines. Looked to me like he was trying to spin him into the turf.  

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Vanguard83" said:
^^^  Agree 

The whole thing goes against the "unwritten rules" of football.....given the score, time remaining, and frustrations of Rudolph....Garrett doesn't need to PLANT Rudolph.  The Browns had MANY cheap shots last night.  So Garrett takes his shot, Rudolph tries to retaliate...and the whole thing blows up.

Kinda like that psycho coach who used to tell his defense to crash in, when the opposition would take a knee.  "Unwritten rules" are equally important as the ones in the book
Plant?  I know you and I are pretty much in agreement here,  but go back and watch your video again,  Garrett was about as gentle on that tackle as could be.  he wrapped him up and they twisted a little and then he pulled him down on top of himself (didnt launch,  didnt lift him, didnt drive his weight onto him.)  it was a clean and mild tackle and would not have drawn a flag or likely even a note from the teacher.    I just dont see how Garret is to blame until he takes the helmet off MR in retaliation for having his nearly removed first.   after that... well I am not arguing against his suspension or any fine coming MGs way.
Have to lol at the "gentle tackle".  Hardly the way I see it. 

Quote: @"greediron" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Vanguard83" said:
^^^  Agree 

The whole thing goes against the "unwritten rules" of football.....given the score, time remaining, and frustrations of Rudolph....Garrett doesn't need to PLANT Rudolph.  The Browns had MANY cheap shots last night.  So Garrett takes his shot, Rudolph tries to retaliate...and the whole thing blows up.

Kinda like that psycho coach who used to tell his defense to crash in, when the opposition would take a knee.  "Unwritten rules" are equally important as the ones in the book
Plant?  I know you and I are pretty much in agreement here,  but go back and watch your video again,  Garrett was about as gentle on that tackle as could be.  he wrapped him up and they twisted a little and then he pulled him down on top of himself (didnt launch,  didnt lift him, didnt drive his weight onto him.)  it was a clean and mild tackle and would not have drawn a flag or likely even a note from the teacher.    I just dont see how Garret is to blame until he takes the helmet off MR in retaliation for having his nearly removed first.   after that... well I am not arguing against his suspension or any fine coming MGs way.
he was hardly planted... we see much much harder (legal) tackles without the QB trying to take the defenders head off....IMO this likely had nothing to do with Garrett and more to do with MR being pissy because his team got beat and he played like ass and he had been tackled on the 3 straight plays.   if you think that tackle was in any way excessive I would like to hear how.

Buh-bye Garrett. Cya next year, maybe. Watching that live was completely bonkers.
99/100 these little scrums end in about 3 seconds, but this one just kept going and getting crazier. Really glad the Vikings weren't involved. That was dangerous.

@"greediron" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Vanguard83" said:
^^^  Agree 

he was hardly planted... we see much much harder (legal) tackles without the QB trying to take the defenders head off....IMO this likely had nothing to do with Garrett and more to do with MR being pissy because his team got beat and he played like ass and he had been tackled on the 3 straight plays.   if you think that tackle was in any way excessive I would like to hear how.
I already stated that it looks like Garrett was giving some extra on that tackle.  It could have been just the awkward way it went down, but he twisted and wrestled MR to the ground long after the ball was gone.  I also noted that he may not have known that fact, but he definitely wasn't going for the gentle tackle.  And then he rolled over on top of MR.  And if you can speculate that MR was just being pissy, my speculation that MR was reacting to Garrett talking shit is just as valid.

@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Vanguard83" said:
^^^  Agree 

I already stated that it looks like Garrett was giving some extra on that tackle.  It could have been just the awkward way it went down, but he twisted and wrestled MR to the ground long after the ball was gone.  I also noted that he may not have known that fact, but he definitely wasn't going for the gentle tackle.  And then he rolled over on top of MR.  And if you can speculate that MR was just being pissy, my speculation that MR was reacting to Garrett talking shit is just as valid.

if that was Everson Griffen instead of Miles Garret i doubt anybody would be seeing an issue in the tackle,  if it was late or excessive in todays NFL there would have been a flag out as soon as they went to the ground and there was nothing thrown until the helmet came off.  either way,  done deal.

@"greediron" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Vanguard83" said:
^^^  Agree 

if that was Everson Griffen instead of Miles Garret i doubt anybody would be seeing an issue in the tackle,  if it was late or excessive in todays NFL there would have been a flag out as soon as they went to the ground and there was nothing thrown until the helmet came off.  either way,  done deal.
If Garrett doesn't swing the helmet, nobody would be talking about it.  Yes MR reacted and had a part.  And he was fined.  But Garrett is getting his due, partially because it has become his reputation.  It wasn't a late hit, or flagrant or a dirty tackle.  But MR reacted like that for a reason.  Partially because there was a little extra on the tackle and the rest is speculation.

@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Vanguard83" said:
^^^  Agree 

If Garrett doesn't swing the helmet, nobody would be talking about it.  Yes MR reacted and had a part.  And he was fined.  But Garrett is getting his due, partially because it has become his reputation.  It wasn't a late hit, or flagrant or a dirty tackle.  But MR reacted like that for a reason.  Partially because there was a little extra on the tackle and the rest is speculation.
i agree with everything you said there except the little extra,  i just dont see it,  but like i said... done deal... onto the donkeys.

You guys realize there was A TON of bullshit going on all game right? After the game, talking heads were comparing the entirety of the game to Bountygate. Damarious Randall was ejected after a helmet to helmet hit, one that drew blood from Dionte Johnson's ear.

Rudolph had a lot more to react to than "just the hit." The Browns were playing dirty AF.